WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

I have two accounts, and one of them was running on monthly posts.

GLORIOUS!

The reactions are moreso.

Subbed mostly consistently since Vanilla - Yep!
Subbed currently - Yep!

Lets go beta!

(August date is a bit of a let down since I’ll be back to work Aug 1st, but I’ll live. :slight_smile: )

Pick me for the beta!!! Stefanie has been my toon since wow was really Vanilla!!! Yay!!!

1 Like

I took the entire week off 30 seconds after I saw the launch date - took that long to add it to the calendar :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bliz post: “We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.”

Classic “summer” my ***

I am incredibly happy to play this again. This was a real MMORPG, not the “Hero Simulator Online” that we currently have.

It doesn’t say anything about maintaining your subscription, but rather how long you’ve played. So if you’ve been subscribed for 10 years out of 14+, you might be considered before someone who has 2 years of subscription time.

So, one of the interviews (TipsOut), they said that the beta invites would be far fewer than a normal beta.

What’s a normal beta in numbers?

Scumbag Activison trying to trick people into subscribing 3 months before the game even comes out in the hopes for a chance at Beta
 The Greed is literally UNREAL. Also, August?!? the game comes out with 3 days left in summer
 Screw you Blizz. Don’t be a Pleb and re sub for this garbage. ( and no Im not buying the whole “total time subbed” BS) There is no chance of Activ not being that greedy.

2 Likes

I could find things to complain about in the OP but i’m not i’m just happy enough we got a date, now to find out realm release info, and push harder for RP-PVP servers.

2 Likes

It’s just about a full month of summer, that’ s a decent chunk. Or, they could release it at the beginning of summer and have everyone quit because of all the bugs/server issues. Take your pick.

Since this is just testing, I guess it doesn’t really matter if you select from a pool of active players or not

Although, I do wonder how players will feel about primarily tourists from retail testing Classic - a version of the game particularly targeted for us lapsed World of Warcraft players.

Because it’s pretty evident that alot of private server vets were looking forward to playing Classic. And probably testing it, too.

Please. Don’t sub. Let people who are dedicated to the game’s success join the Beta, instead of people whose sole intention is to be hyper-critical about everything.

August 27th? Really? Cmon
 That’s not a Classic Summer. I’ll be back in class by that point ffs.

1 Like

College is already back in session by the time this drops

1 Like

How many people are going to keep thinking Aug 26/27 is end of summer? It’s almost a month before it ends. The only thing I can think of is most of these people are still in school and think summer ends when they go back to school.

Bro, the people who played Classic back in the day aren’t kids anymore. We have jobs and or college now. I’ll be back in a damn classroom by time the game I was hoping to play all summer releases. It isn’t a Classic Summer at all.

1 Like

Bro Classes for college literally start THAT week. So yea that’s kind of stupid. And if you think me not wanting to pay 15 dollars a month 3 months prior to the game even releasing for a pipe dream chance at Beta
 and I’m being “hyper critical”. You are a Blizzard Shill if that’s what you think.

1 Like

You guys are acting as if colleges didn’t exist back in 2004 or something. People in the original Vanilla got to play during November. They were still in school until winter break.

Also, you’re in college. You can skip your classes. I know I skipped some when I was there.

And
other’s have jobs. They don’t get a long winter break like students.

3 Likes