WoW Classic Hotfixes -- Updated November 16

Areas in later expansions were a different beast, because we had flying. So the actual rule of “PvP problems have PvP solutions” takes over, since reaching that roof is simple and doesn’t involve wall climbing (like the inn roof in Gadgetzen does). In non-flying areas rooftop camping becomes an exploit because not only can guards not hit you, but players are going to have a harder time actually reaching you. In Booty Bay this may be trivial, but what about the Duskwood house? If you get snared while you try to make that jump, you aren’t gonna make it.

The guards absolutely can hit you. They have guns that knock you back halfway across the map. I get the sense that most of the people complaining about “sploits” have no idea what they’re talking about.

Again, if you gank outside the entrance to booty bay, by staying far enough away from the guards that they don’t attack you, that is EXACTLY the same thing as ganking inside a neutral city. You find a spot there are no guards, less guards, gaps, and you fight there.

What’s really at issue here is players want to feel safe when in cities. But you’re not safe anywhere. You can camp in the throne room of your major city, log back in later and get ganked on rez due to world pvp.

Nowhere is safe, everything is permitted, it’s world PVP, quit complaining.

If you’re getting knocked off the roof by guards, you aren’t doing it right. I know this stuff from experience (and got the warning once when they rule changed). Avoiding guard punts is as simple as backing up from the edge of the roof to LOS, at which point the guards just get stuck, like when you evasion glitch a mob. Not to mention not all guards in all towns have those guns.

Right, that’s fine because PvP is fine. That’s not an exploit, that’s just fighting outside of a town (where PvP has not intentionally been punished via guard aggro). PvP outside of towns -> no guards. PvP inside of a town -> likely guards. That’s the formula. If you use an exploit to avoid it, you’re gonna get dinged, as is the case in any video game. If you just find a soft spot to fight in, that’s not an exploit of the game’s logic.

Even on retail, with War Mode on, I don’t feel safe in Stormwind. My realm has had a recent case of Horde using Stockades to run out and attack people at the AH, then run back on a nightly basis. No complaints there, it’s been fun. I just logged in yesterday to one of those fights and had a great time, the guys I fought alongside even started an impromptu Arena tournament in Gurubashi afterwards. So those attacks are part of why I love PvP servers, and War Mode.

There’s nothing wrong with PvP in cities, it’s the reason I don’t like DHKs as a mechanic. However the understanding should be that the raiding party (or party going against the rules of the neutral guards) should be taking on additional risk for their transgression. If you are exploiting to avoid that risk, then it’s reasonable for a game dev to punish that.

1 Like

I don’t gank from rooftops but if you get aggro while not on perfectly level ground, such as on a mailbox, boxes, balcony in BB, they switch to pinball mode. I’ve been attacked behind the inn at Gadg and vaulted OVER the wall from guards shooting lol.

this is broken. people are macroing their pet to attack over 40 yards and pull people out of stealth.

1 Like

So why are you cosmic jackasses making unwanted/unasked changes to the game that was supposed to be an authentic vanilla experience? Is butchering the economy and population with layering, free transfers, and complete lack of community interaction not enough for you?

Corrected an issue with the Gnomish Cloaking Device that caused it to incorrectly drop the player from combat when used.

You mean… you broke the items intended use that has worked that way and been known to work that way for ages? Thus making a trinket with an already 1 HR cd completely worthless? Gee, thanks, anything else you want to screw up? Or fix? Because we can see how well that’s worked out with retail.

I would’ve preferred Blizzard to dish out bans to the people exploiting the rooftops, but this is a much easier solution for Blizzard. Make a tweak to increase the guards range and prevent people from rooftop camping or spend countless hours sifting through reports and banning the exploiters? It’s obvious the route that Blizzard is going to take.

1 Like

I think the blue post says they fixed it so they could do that
If they tell pet to attack before stealth takes place, pet will come get you

This is actually how it was in Vanilla. I still painfully remember stealthing and having a pet coming from across the map to hit me. It was super annoying then and I can only imagine how much worse it is with the spy addon.

1 Like

Is screwing a bit with raid sized group things, guess though there isnt any other way to do it

Says the druid with ranged attacks, stealth, backstabbing, and shapeshifting out of guard nets. Not to mention the ability to root any melee who try to get on the rooftop to fight you in place. And if they try to fight back while rooted with a grenade or bow, the guards will kill them and not you, giving them equipment damage. (You do realize you basically just told us all you abuse the ToS regularly and exploit LoS / pathing?)

I’m well aware of how “fun” it is to be a lv38 trying to hand in your BB quests while a lv60 druid is rooftop camping you, stealthing and backstabbing you, and shapeshifting out of guard nets and getting away with it all day. Now there’s entire groups of people doing that just to grief players.

Vanilla had a fraction of the server population we do. When you have 15 people rooftop camping in every city instead of 1 or 2 due to server population, it’s going to change the experience, and the magnitude of the problem.

1 Like

Nope. I in fact did not. I actually said that I don’t participate in rooftop ganking.

Supporting it and doing it are two different things.

I also don’t kill targets that aren’t worth honor unless they’re attacking me.

That’s gotta be one of the worst attitudes I’ve ever seen…

Do you think we could get a complete list of the bug fixes released with the current patch? It would be great to know what was intended, what wasn’t and what has changed.

We need a hot fix for AV before it’s too late.

Oh nvm it’s too late.

1 Like

I’ve updated the OP here with a new hotfix that is subsequent to previous bug fixes on Reckoning. Please note that this new fix is waiting on realm restarts, which for most realms will occur as usually scheduled next week.

WoW Classic

• [With realm restarts] Paladins should no longer lose stacks of Reckoning if they are not facing their target or are out of range to attack the target when the Reckoning stacks are gained.
5 Likes

Any word on looking into Warrior Execute being double batched?

4 Likes

Same thing happens with Druids and Ferocious Bite.

Ferocious Bite is cast and the initial Energy cost is deducted. Then, on the next batch tick, your remaining energy is reduced to 0. However, if you gain any energy prior to that second batch tick it is also lost.

I have very often seen my energy go 45 -> 10 -> 30 -> 0 after having used Ferocious Bite.

1 Like

still no fix for rogues stealth, it has a mind of its own whether or not I can unstealth.

2 Likes

Please fix the gnomish battle chickens. They just stand there not doing anything and dont follow…

1 Like