WoW Classic Hotfixes -- Updated November 16

I for one hate this instance patch hotfix.

I use one account to raid/have a farming character for mats.
Most of my income is from because able to get mats from dungeons to avoid the open world botters, i.e. herb campers.
All this is going to do is make botters make more accounts and spread out their farming strategy. It just punishes me by having to limit what dungeons I farm for herbs and also raid. And on popular servers they will just make more accounts potentially creating a log in queue situation for high pop. servers. I understand you are trying to crack down, but do it a different way.

1 Like

"You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm. "

no. stop it. get some help.

1 Like

Just my daily reminder in this thread that I do not support the instance cap change.

1 Like

Blizzard maybe see all the people who are against this 30 cap and realize that it is not going to do what you think. That bannwave went out bots I can /who and see all the bots re leveling they will be back in action by Saturday and the only one hurt by this are the players that are the weekend warriors who do all their farming on one or 2 days.

just googled this and read the EU version of this update. Lol, they aint happy either. So yeah, both EU and US forums are blowing up right now over this.

OP updated:

June 19, 2020

WoW Classic

• Blade of Eternal Darkness will no longer proc from non-damaging spells.
    • Developers’ notes: In original WoW patch 1.12.1, we fixed some misbehavior with Blade of Eternal Darkness that unfortunately got carried into WoW Classic. We fixed it again in the WoW Classic AQ patch (1.13.5), but decided to go ahead and bring the fix to the live game.
  • 40-player raid instances are no longer affected by the 30-per-day limit on entering dungeons.
    • Developers’ notes: We have seen only a small handful of legitimate players encountering the recently added instance limit, but we want to ensure that anyone who does hit the cap is still able to freely participate in raid content.
13 Likes

I’m glad you guys fixed that BoED thing. I wouldn’t prefer to see that as meta in speed clearing. Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

This is still a pointlessly stupid, April fool’s joke of a change that only actually affects real players. Sorry guys, I can’t help with SGC, run ZG or bring DM buffs to raid. I pay 15 bucks a month to be limited on play time.

Regarding the “small handful of players”; are you implying that you are ok with screwing over a “small handful of players” based on your 3 day data set that doesn’t even include a weekend?

30 Likes

That’s not good enough. Fully revert the change. Give players back their freedom.

27 Likes

so, were still paying full price for a fraction of the game with dev imposed limits that force you to not get the product you were paying for in the first place

literally forcing paying customers off your game at this point…

22 Likes

Thanks for the update Kaivax. Have there been any discussions from the devs or higher ups about reverting the instance lock out changes entirely?
Keep us posted, thanks for the post.

16 Likes

even a small handful of non bot players being negatively impacted by the instance limit is too many imo, especially considering that there are more effective ways to combat bots that have less or no impact on the actual player base. reconsider the instance limit please.

15 Likes

can we revert this change? this 24 hour period is BS. If I come home from work and do 3-4 hours of dungeons in the evening and then play during the afternoon the next day, I locked myself out for the rest of the day. Without a built in counter this change is super frustrating to even worry about.

9 Likes

Its a good step. However the 30 day lockout affects people like me.

Monday through Friday I work so Im lucky if I get 1 hour a day to play. However Saturdays and Sundays I play about 14 hours each day. The 30 lockout cap is very much a reality to me still.

Is it possible that we could get a Weekly Cap instead; say a total of 210 instances (excluding raids and PvP) for those of us who have disproportionate gametime schedules.

In a nut shell it wouldn’t change the 30 cap average a day but for those of us who only play 2 days a week it wont screw us over.

Oh its going to get worse come time the weekend when its the only time players like me have time to play.

Really it either needs to be a Weekly amount cap (that resets on maintenance day) or no cap at all.

3 Likes

Good adjustment. Now an indicator would be fitting, akin to a threat meter.

1 Like

Proof that no matter what, a fringe group of players will complain.
This just in:

THE CHANGE WILL NOW ALLOW YOU TO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE CAP IN REGARD TO 40 MAN RAIDS.

I mean, for god’s sake dude.

2 Likes

Not good enough. Quantify what a “small handful” is, it was obviously enough that you felt the need to do this change but recognizing that you’re impacting legitimate players is a step in the right direction.

At minimum, give us an API to check out reset status if you can’t find a developer to make a UI for it but I still believe that this was a horrible change that should be reverted completely.

7 Likes

You think maybe that’s a problem? What did you get when you sold your soul, by the way? Just curious.

6 Likes

This looks to be targeted at bots. To bad it will not be an issue for them since they will just swap realm when they reach their limit. I suspect botters already farm in multiple realms, but even if they do not it will be no time before they set up. This change is terrible for 2 reasons.

1st bots can get around it
2nd it affects legit players

4 Likes

Are you implying that DM or UBRS are 40 man raids? I can be locked on instances and still get these buffs to bring to raids?