WoW Classic Hotfix -- Raid Party XP Bug

Thanks to player reports and feedback, we’ve identified a bug affecting how XP was calculated for parties of 6 or more players.

We are rolling out a hotfix right now, to all realms, that should correct this. Going forward, XP awarded should be significantly lower for parties of 6 or more players.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

73 Likes

exploit early exploit often
gg to the people who were able to abuse this to hit 60 already

100 Likes

me with layers

Oh Hell no! Darnit! I never get to take advantage of the ‘glitches’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

please enable server transfers, we cant play :slight_smile:

21 Likes

So they’re doing this after all the people have already abused it. Better late than never… I guess?

17 Likes

At least they won’t take away the XP

2 Likes

Look on the bright side! At least now we can form 5 mans!

18 Likes

WTF does this mean all of the world first are invalid?

39 Likes

now retail babies will have to actually go out in the world

15 Likes

world firsts were never the goal

3 Likes

HEY, NOCHANGES BLIZZARD.

#2cents

3 Likes

Well, this explains why there were a bunch of raids farming 5-man dungeons.

12 Likes

Sooo people who abused said bug have a massive advantage with zero repercussions. How stuff like this isnt fixed before launch is absurd.

If you were gonna “fix” this. It should of happened in Beta. Not after people are 60

64 Likes

Maybe now people will invite non-aoe classes to dungeons again.

28 Likes

Do /who 60 on any progressed server and see how many are outside of BGs or raids

Classic is raidlogging simulator 2004 and the only reason to go out in the world after level cap is to farm gold for raids

Rofl. “What about meeeeeee!?”

7 Likes

This should have been fixed within a day or two of launch, I’m sure you guys saw who was doing it now going to cut it off for semi-hardcore players.

21 Likes

All the people? Game hasn’t even been out a week yet and relatively few people population-wide have used this exploit and there’s no real major case except SM (if not addressed it would surely grow to include more instances)

5 Likes