WoW Classic - European realms structure

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-european-realms-structure/56694
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/de/wow/t/wow-classic-struktur-der-europaeischen-realms/34048

Is this another out-of-season April’s Fool joke?

Blizzard, give us language dedicated servers the same way as it was in 2005.

Mr.X: Do you not know Google Translator ?
Me: I know, but I have no need
Mr.X: Hmm, what is your problem now ?
Me: Liebe, Lust und Leidenschaft
Mr.X: I do not understand
Me: Love, lust and passion
Mr.X: I do not understand what you are meaning
Me: Mein Englisch ist hervorragend, aber nicht gut genug für Liebe, Lust und Leidenschaft. Das geht nur in meiner Muttersprache und die ist Deutsch.
Mr.X: … [is using Google Translator] … We are talking about Warcraft … right ?

Me: World of Warcraft. Classic. Passion.

11 Likes

To be clear, the US does not have language specific servers. Neither does the EU. A German server is not limited to German, it’s simply that people in Germany are likely to default to German because they’re among countrymen…

Yep. It’s going to ruin any chance of building a community on EU servers when everyone is splitting into smaller groups. Makes you wonder what the point is.

1 Like

If they go through with this… just big yikes. People can accidentally roll on a server and end up in a mostly german or french populated server where almost nobody speaks English and imagine how crappy that would end up being. When Classic launches nobody will know what server will become like that, so it’s like rolling a dice and hoping for the best.

6 Likes

I mean is it really that hard for blizzard to just say this is a german speaking realm and this is a english speaking realm.

2 Likes

Look at _https://imgur.com/a/dfZwV5n , this is a brand new screenshot how server selection is on WoW Retail just now. Imagine the real truth is that this was already the case when WoW Vanilla started in 2005 (Europe!). The choices were English, German and French.

#nochanges

I as a German insist on language specific servers. They were already there when i started playing WoW, there is no reason whey they shouldn’t in WoW Classic.

World of Warcraft. Classic. Passion.

Each of the languages corresponds to a country as well though. Yes, the names are in the local language, but there are still people speaking English on it, and there are still people speaking German on English language servers.

Blizzard doesn’t see the country specific servers as viable because of how few servers they’re creating, and so they don’t consider it an affordable risk.

American here. I would personally like for there to be separate language realms for the most popular languages (Kinda like how vanilla was).

Plus I want to find a sweet german group who could help me learn german.

I just copy pasted this from the EU forums, ahem: Credit to Impwhisperer

This seems like the perfect thread for some slightly modified old memes.

Blizzard has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European WoW Classic servers rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Blizzard conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as “Euro-English”.

In the first year, “s” will replace the soft “c”. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard “c” will be dropped in favour of “k”. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced with “f”. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent “e” in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” with “z” and “w” with “v”.

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou” and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can understand English being the goto on NA servers but Europe speaks a lot more languages than English, French and Spanish.

Did we get confirmation if we’d still have a SA and NA separation?

2 Likes

man it’s a real shame we don’t have any programs that assist in forming communities or groups for online video gaming.

I think the germans should do what the rp-pvpers are doing. When realms are announced, make a defacto german realm. It won’t be perfect, but it will at least show Blizzard that your population exists so that, in the event of new servers (which is all but a certainty since Blizzard is intentionally making as few servers as possible to start) you might get one of your own you can transfer to.

no cross-realm BG’s for russians
win or lose?

That’s always a win.

“German guild rolling on X server”
“Norske community [H] come join us on X”

See how easy this is?

You can still build your community. It’s just that you all build it on the same server.
Germans can have their German community
French can have their French community
and so on and so on
Those that speak English can mix and match and will have an even larger choice of who to play with.

You all just have it on the same servers.

Other games do it and operate OK

1 Like

That’s anti-classic. I don’t want to have large quantity of people on my server that I can’t communicate at all with.

Only if you’re american.
Americans wont have that problem Europe has always had that problem how is that anti classic?
Wit this are we going to be able to finally never group with Ragnaros server in retail? because i can live with that.

anti classic ? Classic is NOT an exact replica of vanilla.
If you can only play with people you can communicate with server wide then maybe retail wow is where you should play.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I am talking about European servers here. Btw Europe didn’t have that problem. Servers were split by nationality.

How does your comment make any sense? Do you know what makes Classic/Vanilla great? The one pillar that made the game amazing? Community. Do you know what will lack severely if they go through with this? Community.

1 Like