WoW Classic Era, AOE Spell Circle Bug

Can’t cast AOE abilities on like ground, such as “Death and Decay” and “Anti-Magic Zone”. When I click the keybind, a green circle may or may not appear depicting where the spell placement would be, and then it disappears while moving my cursor around, and the cursor goes from glowing green to grey. And then i click to cast on the ground on top of my character, and it says “out of range” or “target not in line”. Someone else in trade chat has same issue and many other people have posted in bug reports all self reporting playing on Macs. I play on a Mac M1 and the issue started upon logging in tonight. I lost rating which is frustrating. Had I known there was an issue I wouldn’t have queued. I ran through all the diagnostic guidelines already and submitted a ticket but I thought it would be important to post it here too.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I made a post here WoW Classic Era, AOE Spell Circle Bug - #5 by Stèin-whitemane

This seems like a big issue for us Mac users. Makes the game unplayable…

1 Like

Same here. Just started today. Very frustrating.

fix asap bliz

1 Like

Is already another thread on this issue for live Reticles/Ground Targeting Spells Not Working

Pretty sure it’s broken for all Mac users. Nothing we can do but wait for Blizzard to fix it.

1 Like

when can we expect this bug to be fix ? been a week i cant plage my mage now

iam experiencing it on classic Era

Thx

Same issue, for about 1 week or so

Is this a Classic-only bug? I had an problem the other day with a ZM world quest (Fish Eyes) where I couldn’t open a fishing portal on the surface of the water. Instead, the (gray, I think) target was on the bottom of the lake and I constantly got “not in line of sight” errors. I was able to complete the quest by killing the eyes that others fished up, so it was working for some folks. Anyway, I’m not sure if this is the same, or possibly related, bug. FWIW, I’m running WoW on an Intel Mac. I haven’t tried the WQ since so I don’t know if it still is an issue.

when is it gonna be fix ? cant play paying for nothing…

1 Like

I have this problem for about 3 weeks now.

I am also having this exact issue on mac, any update on a fix??? totally unplayable on my mage on classic era right now

I’m still having this issue on my mage. AOE is pretty much broken at the moment.

1 Like

ALLLO IT BEEN over a month now ???

When are u gonna fix this

please fix guys – been a long time now

Hi guys.

Several hours ago weird thing started: when i’m trying to cast some spell on the floor(like Death and Decay or Anti-Magic Zone) green circle appears only in random places on the ground. For example, i cannot cast it under my feet, but when i move area few pixels aside it can be placed there. Or not.

Looks like i’m trying to cast a spell out of range, even when i’m trying to put it right under feet. Sometimes character says “Too far way” in that case.
Interesting part - for example, in Azure Archives Annex building or SW Auction House everything runs smoothly.

Issue consistent, can reproduce it on DK, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Priest.
No addons, same UI profile.
MacOS.

1 Like

Same here. Looks like it’s a Mac-only problem. It seems to occur only on certain types of terrain.

IM NOT ALONE! Thank the heavens! THIS HAS PUT STRESS ON MY ABILITY TO TANK!!! Also on a Mac

Can’t place Death and Decay in almost all the spots I need it, and same on my demon hunters ability.

I noticed that this issue started as of 04/25/2023. right after the servers came back up from the regular Tuesday maintenance.

Don’t even try to do the intro to Warlords of Draenor quest line, once you get to the giant tank and have to man the cannon, almost the entire ground us un targetable with the cannon.