WoW Classic Era and Hardcore Patch Notes - Version 1.15.3

Awesome 10/10 <3

1 Like

These are changes from SoD that spilled over to classic era and you guys are clueless as to how to fix them, so now you are trying to sell them as features.

Lol I canā€™t believe you guys thought people would buy this.

40 Likes

do you even play era/hc?

20 Likes

What are you talking about? Theyā€™ve clearly been hard at work going over potential things that could do to improve era, and after painstaking scrutiny, arrived at these.

By the way, Iā€™m actually okay with this so long as they announce a fresh era. They can use the old one as the SOD graveyard for all I care.

1 Like

They called this a patch the second they realized these SoD changes leaked into Classic Era and realized they couldnā€™t fix it. Thatā€™s roughā€¦

28 Likes

yea sounds like someones about to go on PTO next week and didnā€™t have time to revert the change lol.

8 Likes

Absolutely shameful. The entire point of Eraā€™s existence is to have something that allows us to play the original, untouched version of the game.

Not only are you going back on that promise, but you are also setting a precedent that will allow additional changes in the future.

Please revert these changes and leave Era alone. If people want to play a changed version of the game, they can play any other existing version of World of Warcraft.

44 Likes

gimme back r1 rain of fire spam

2 Likes

If they were going to change something, why not the terrain exploits in wsg.

13 Likes

Era requires backporting and testing, which is upkeep. The devs are trying to ā€œbalanceā€ SoD and are causing chaos on normal HC and Era. When all the devs that had passion for Era left this half-hearted attempt to keep Era going leads to this nonsense.

Era stopped being a museum piece when they gave hunters the ability to benefit from the DM buff back in Classic phase 5. :rage:

Speaking as an Addon Developer, Classic Cata is becoming that, more or less. The API side is a MESS with being a half-implementation of the retail and Era API. Someone needs to sit down and actually figure out this stuff and KEEP it that way so UIs donā€™t break when they implement stuff.

Personally I wish they left the UI of Era alone. I hate that they borked everything: that a ton of addons broke, like Weapon Swing Timer, and SoD changes made their way into Era. It shows a lack of effort for the non-SoD Era playerbase.

BTW, have you noticed the change to aggro? 60s aggro lower level monsters from further away now than in 1.15.2. Itā€™s annoying.

3 Likes

Slippery slope. . .

20 Likes

can you guys just stop screwing with the game? this classic team just isnā€™t it man

29 Likes

Thank you for finally addressing this publicly, although waiting until end-of-day on the day after really isnā€™t a great look. Itā€™s pretty clear that these changes were not intended for Era. Just admit it, apologize to your customers, and fix the mistake.

Please do not change vanilla Era. Just let us play the game as it was designed, or as close to that as possible. Let experimental changes be for seasonal realms or retail expansions. Let vanilla Era players have the game we love and pay for.

Please revert the changes, and please do not make more. Please do not drive your customers back to the private servers.

32 Likes

Time to run my own singleplayer instance of the game server just to experience the content as it was in 2004 without the bastardizations.

18 Likes

Dead game.

4 Likes

I prefer 3.3.5a capped at 60. Great experience.

1 Like

pretty disappointed in these changes. Perhaps I missed it but did anyone ask for these? The Druid just seems so odd.

19 Likes

PLEASE stop making changes to era! why would you do this, you changes effect the way the game is played. we love classic for a reason! please consider taking away these changes. everything you change effects classic. No body asked for this. if you keep making changes people will look for the classic experience somewhere else! save yourselfā€¦ I just do not understand, the classic era community is on fire and you guys are just silent and laughing at us bc your baby sod didnt do as well as you wanted and people are back playing era. maybe you guys should have a hard look at your company and choices and how they effect the gameplay.

29 Likes

why are you guys ruining this game for sod players that wont play the game ever again in a month? are you guys actually this disconnected with the era community? why do you think people play classic era? because its the original version of the game, where there is no changes. by doing those literally nobody asked updates, you just removed a insane amount of pvp activity. nobody asked for changes. stop ruining the game.

34 Likes

The issue is that itā€™s too late, as in most of those that cried for those changes they donā€™t play on era, they moved on to tbcc, wotlkc, cata and or private servers or other games. The ones still playing on era are those that didnā€™t want any of the changes. Theyā€™ve stuck it out with a much smaller community than the classic progression servers, it is really lame to add changes to them.

Thereā€™s a lot of us who play on several of the modes who donā€™t find this change as a big deal, but thereā€™s also more than enough people who only play era - thatā€™s what they subscribe for, those players deserve to keep era era! Iā€™d like to think that those of you who get the MVP tag are able to understand thatā€¦

26 Likes