WoW Classic Era and Hardcore Patch Notes - Version 1.15.3

Well let’s see.

Guild UI changes, pure UI improvements, zero game play impact.

Can’t dispell world buffs, minor improvement for people trying to parse in raids, hardly game changing beyond that.

Alliance got accesss to a world buff horde already have, once again no impact on horde nice improvement for alliance trying to parse.

Druid can use polearms, great so feral has access to slightly more weapon options.

But please explain how era is now fundamentally changed.

2 Likes

You should probably read up on how conservator-restorers work and what they do. Your analogy does not work.

A ship of Theseus reference would work better.

1 Like

Wrong. The guild pane had a massive impact on my gameplay. I no longer wanted to play the game the second I saw it. Then I unsubbed immediately. Why? Because I dont want to look at the retail guild pane in freakin Era, that’s why. And thats a damn good enough reason despite whatever you think the reasons should be.

Opinion. Some people like dispelling world buffs. Game changed for them.

Opinion. There are alliance mains against their rend buff.

Its your opinion that this is good. Some druids disagree but they main Era so what do they know right?

Its no longer the game I was playing three days ago. Its a different game now.

You’re of the opinion its not. Okay, cool. Thanks for sharing. Have fun in Cata tonight.

6 Likes

That’s fine? I never claimed it was.

2 Likes

You never claimed what? That its a different game?

Edit: Good/bad is a matter of opinion. It being a changed/different game is not. Those changes are not insignificant enough to not change the game, which it did, which is what the beef is about - people don’t want it changed. What got changed, how, why and what it means is not the point - not relevant - its your opinion this matters. Its does not because Change itself is the point.

The guild pane is just insulting, despite having no bearing on actual gameplay. Not to mention totally unwanted and unnecessary.

4 Likes

So, for a broad example, even if it’s a slight QoL change, it’s still not acceptable. I’m going to assume it’s for these reasons:

1. Accepting even a QoL change, opens the door for other changes including non QoL.
  2. Classic is and has been implemented to be as close as engine possible and within reason to the original, and any change, even QoL, ruins the concept of Classic altogether.

Now I get that there were some changes to TBC, Wrath, and maybe even Cata (I haven’t paid much attention to that one); however, I think Era has been as close as it can be to Vanilla (correct me if I’m wrong please). So even if to some people these changes that Blizzard have made seem insignificant, to those that play Era for the original experience this is a very bad omen. It makes sense that if those players want to prevent something more from happening in the future, they have to draw the line now.

SoD is supposed to be Blizzard’s version of Classic+, so if Blizzard wants to make changes, that should be the version they use. Not Classic Era.

12 Likes

Pack it up boys. Man Blizzard is such a far cry from what it once was. Pathetic…

5 Likes

Beautifully put my friend!

2 Likes

I just did

I know, are we gonna get dual wielding shaman or something

Oh my God it’s the same person as wall of no Z? I think my head is going to explode. This explains so much.

1 Like

Classic ERA should be let untouched. Why change anything when your audience WANTS ORIGINAL content??? Isn’t that the PURPOSE for Eras??? You may think it’s a minor change or that players will suck it up and accept it. But your target audience WANTS vanilla WoW. So revert it back. And stop ruining our gaming experience bc we are PERFECTLY happy with Classic era with none of that added content from your expansions. WE DONT WANT UR RETAIL version NOR TBC, NOR CATA. What is so hard to understand??? If you think we will understand changes and accept it… YOU ARE WRONG. It’s the principle of playing and experience THE ORIGINAL VERSION without compromise. Please know your target audience and understand that WE DONT LIKE CHANGE. So STOP. Leave us alone. We are perfectly HAPPY playing the original version.

11 Likes

Literally the only time anyone posts in these forums is when they are mad, then the slippery slope fallacies begin en masse. Otherwise these forums are dead.

Look in a mirror. The game plays identical, the game looks identical, Oh no there’s a new and more intuitive guild window and druids can pretend like they’re gonna use polearms when MCP exists.

2 Likes

You sure about that?

You sure about that?

5 Likes

Wrong, Shamans lost the ability to batch a shock in with Elemental mastery. There are more changes than meet the eye, I wouldn’t be surprised if more stuff comes out that Blizzard wasn’t aware of!

Acting like this was an intended change, or something that NEEDED to happen is some horse-****

Also, Alliance getting Rend buff is pretty huge considering there was no reason for that to be a thing either.

Like you’re coping harder than the people that are upset by acting like this isn’t that big of a deal, when we are all subscribed to PLAY CLASSIC. A ‘gamemode’ meant to have minimal to no changes from before TBC-classic launched.

8 Likes

Sounds like this is being met, minimal changes indeed. Only looks like ones being made so that the game still runs on a newer framework.

SoD should be on another client tbf but I’m sure theres some money reason why they aren’t.

Equity. Ultimately though WB’s are take it or leave it for me currently. Always saw them as clunky.

I’m playing and enjoying era despite these apparent “game destroying changes”. How am I coping?

1 Like

A game where druids can equip polearms, allies get their own rend buff and additional dispel immunities is exactly the same as a game where druids cant equip polearms, where allies dont have their own rend buff and dispels are a thing that can happen.

Thats not contradictory at all. Makes total sense. Please tell me where I can buy the crackerjack boxes where you found your logic.

5 Likes

It has never been about being equal at all. Are you a doorknob? If they wanted it to be equal they would have changed it in 2019? How dense are you???

This company was bought out for $69,000,000,000. If they want to make some changes, they could shut down some dead servers. I am guessing it is more convenience than it is about money.

can you still not understand that it isn’t 100% about the changes, but the fact that there they made changes to begin with?

1 Like

No.

The dude is obviously just a rock, rolling around a keyboard. The amount of dishonesty he puts into his arguments is pitiful. AT BEST. I won’t be surprised if we find more unintentional changes, because Blizzard didn’t have all the time in the world to actually test for what would and wouldn’t be affected by the client switch.

Overall, this is a fat Blizzard L. There wasn’t any reason to make these changes, and even if they did want to make these changes for

then they should have done it 4 years ago when it actually would have made a difference.

3 Likes