WoW Classic Era and Hardcore Patch Notes - Version 1.15.3

Let’s add Dungeon Finder to Era just to make life a bit easier

1 Like

You are incorrect. They are trying to save face for a mistake instead of spending the small amount of time it would take to fix it.

t. someone who has played the game more than you.

2 Likes

It’s always complaining apparently. There is 0 chance they came into this thinking they would be playing a #nochanges Era.

These devs would be crying their selves to sleep every night if they did polls like OSRS. Took years for them to accept change in their re-creation of their MMO.

1 Like

I think these changes are good. The UI and polearm are odd, but neither change anything with the way the game works. There is already a addon that will bring back the old UI and there is no viable polearm that will make feral druid any better than its current gearing options. As for the buff, I think rend in Stormwind is one of the greatest things since the game coming back in 2019. It should have always been this way. The people that complain about it are the problem with the community of the game. I think maybe it is time to disable rend in Orgrimmar. I do not believe they deserve to have it.

3 Likes

I am absolutely dumbfounded by this useless and in-balanced change. It absolutely hurts the current game dynamic and it is now simply not the same vanilla game that i was nostalgic for.

13 Likes

Blizzard,

Please poll your ERA community before making changes.

Thank you

13 Likes

If these were intended don’t you think running it by the people that play Era first would be a decent choice?

Like everyone said here, these were not intended and they are being treated as new features when it was simply a trickle over from the SoD content. We would rather someone admit it as a mistake and just tell us to enjoy the weird changes while a fix is in the works.

And for people saying these changes are small and not a big deal. It is a big deal in the sense it sets a precedent for Bilzzard to open the door in the future for more changes. Classic Era should be a world stuck in time, there were already enough small changes to this point and I feel it was finally at a good place.

Regarding Rend, this buff was put in place for Horde as a balance buff. Alliance can indeed get it, but it takes effort that a large portion of casual melee classes don’t even bother with. Now everyone will just have it, making already easy content far more trivial for Alliance. Either way, I am indifferent about this one as a whole, but you’d think, once again, there would be some community input before implementing (see OSRS/Jagex in community polling…). And polearms for Druids? What? This is just an SoD thing that we now have. SoD exists so we can avoid this in the first place. The largest appeal to Era is that if I leave for two years and come back I expect the exact same thing to be here when I come back. These types of changes open the door for a whole host of other things that a large portion of this community is not okay with.

If this sticks without some open conversation and transparency about it then Blizzard has clearly lost the plot here.

21 Likes

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I’ve always liked druids with polearms.

1 Like

The time has come. Blizzard needs to put SOD on its own separate client that runs independently from the era client so they can stop breaking our game every time they do a new update.

12 Likes

no changes, you remove big part of game, like rend pvp

5 Likes

The issue for me is, I feel I am being deceived. I don’t believe these changes were intended, SoD phase 4 launches today and this is a side effect. Why lie about it?

6 Likes

Manual Crowd Pummeler.

Mostly I just find this situation highly fascinating.

Partly on blizzard’s side since I can understand the guild UI bleeding over from other changes but it’s odd that some of the other things would. And their trying to play this off as intended like a cat that just fell off the counter.

And partly because the changes while extremely minor are over all positive to everyone except the people who like the grief and dispel world buffs. Like if you found a few extra dollars in your pocket would you complain because the guy who steals from the tip jar got a slap on the wrist?

We also see the typical hypocrisy of the #nochanges crowd as there’s some people upset that these changes made it in but not other changes they actually wanted.

2 Likes

keep backpedaling in game.

Revert these changes. Classic era is meant to be in stasis and left alone, there is absolutely no reason for now of all times to go back and make these tweaks to the game.

This is NOT SoD, so there should absolutely not be any changes to Classic Era. That is the entire point of SoD for those people who want changes to the classic experience, we don’t want any of this.

This is actually ridiculous, druids can use polearms now? Can’t dispel Songflower or DM buffs anymore? It’s baffling you think it’s ok to do this now let alone when Classic was the current game in 2019.

Revert these changes now otherwise you’re destroying your own community, keep SoD and Era SEPARATE.

16 Likes

Its so funny that you all are so terrible at your jobs that you made this massive blunder and are trying to pass it off as an intended change. Absolutely laughable. Unsubscribed.

13 Likes

Mass refund your era clones boys.

Also you guys chill, don’t go to blizzcon this year

1 Like

But polearms!!!

Dead game.

No changes purists are the minority on Era. It’s mostly Wrath quitters these days, thus all the changes.

1 Like

I’m 100% ok with these changes on sod
But era should stay as close to 2019 as possible, if you don’t like that, play sod.

I think the actual problem is having seasonal servers in an mmo, we have 3 versions of classic right now and it clearly isn’t working.

11 Likes