Wow classic dying? No longer any "full" servers

So it’s pretty obvious that the population has been dwindling recently, but I didn’t think I’d ever see herod or faerlina being at only high population. I mean I guess it makes sense, it’s getting noticeably more and more difficult to find 5 man groups, zones looking more and more dead, and I even see this on my Faerlina alt.

What will bring back classic, if anything? I guess I just didn’t expect it to die so soon.

11 Likes

I have just the remedy

a F R E S H server with pvp activated

HK’s from level 1 make the contested zones so much more fun and dangerous whilst levelling, and everyone loves a good F R E S H I E

14 Likes

They can’t charge you $25 for a server transfer to a full server.

17 Likes

Considering the fact that Classic has no new player draw or retention methods. It was dying the day it was born.

65 Likes

I donno… I cancelled because one day, I was like “Wow, I’ve played this before”. Like a lot… I wonder how many other people feel the same way.

25 Likes

Herod and Faerlina are still listed as full…They changed the way populations report anyway, and it has nothing to do with actual server numbers, just server ratios of players.
A medium server still has 5k people on it at least, which would be beyond full in vanilla.

22 Likes

It could be that the game is dying. Or it could be that lots of people have transferred off servers that are extremely over populated, or dominated by one faction.

If you look at raid log population data on ironforge(dot)pro you’ll see there’s been about 200,000 individual characters logging their raids in the last 2 weeks alone, and were on the holidays where many are likely not playing.

You take that 200,000 and think of how many PUGs are not being combat logged, think of how many are fully geared and no longer raiding, think of how many are simply PvPing instead, think of how many are not L60 and raiding yet, etc etc. and that’s just for the US servers, not including the EU, OCE, or Asian servers. There’s still millions playing Classic wow. Not dead in the slightest.

26 Likes

Hey guys, want to stop analyzing? Bunch of servers have ques at peak but our genius OP made this post at 2pm on a work day. Maybe don’t be dumb?

35 Likes

Problem was having raids in from the beginning and NOT having pvp in from the beginning.

4 Likes

You can’t talk logic around here, no one will listen.

2 Likes

Yea bro these servers were never gonna last forever.

Which is why you would have to be insane to have transferred off your server with ques onto a soon to be dead server

3 Likes

Rolling in a roll bread

People wanted to transfer off, its not a coincidence this happened after transfers popped. They didn’t quit playing, they just quit playing with you.

5 Likes

What does that have to do with anything? Server population reported is based on each week, not real time.

1 Like

Excellent points… If you simply walk around IF or Org you will see that the overwhelming majority of players are not in Raid epics…

2 Likes

Just weeding out the Tourists and Try Hards. The ones who actually want to play Classic and not rush through it, are still around :cocktail:

10 Likes

Uh he’s talking about them being listed as high atm

They are listed as high for me, just checked.

Can’t people just enjoy the holidays without the fear that classic is dieing?

8 Likes

Not bad for afternoon on a workday