WoW Classic Character Transfer Temporary Closure -- April 30

are you guys gonna fix broken servers like incendius via either server merges or free transfers? we kinda need to know that before apr 30 then right?

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat

Please take off our CDs I want to play on a populated server for prepatch and the launch of tbc…

2 Likes

i didnt even get a reply to my ticket

2 Likes

race changes coming soon?

2 Likes

This is complete bull. Blizz, I (and I am assuming there are many players like me in this boat) transfered off my main server which I played with friends on because they all stopped playing classic, and I wanted to find a new guild to play with in their absence. This was about a week before TBC was announced (poor timing I know). NOW soon as they heard TBC was coming back, they decided to start playining again on our old server. I cannot make it back unless you remove the Xfer cooldown before the lockout date.

There must be more players like me. Blizzard should WANT people to come back and play the game, I want to play this game with my friends. I am being denied that now because of this stupid idea. Fix this blizzard.

edit: TO put it a bit more simply. There is an overlap of about 1 month where people who transfered up to 1 month before the TBC announcement now have no method of moving at all before the xpac releases. To fix this blizzard needs to remove all cooldowns for all character transfers once, now. That way, people who are NOW informed about TBC can move to the server of their choosing and play with their friends.

3 Likes

I actually turned in a ticket on this very thing. In fact one of my priests was scheduled to return to my home server on May 1st. Suprizingly enough I had a response to my ticket asking that I resubmit it under “Submit Suggestion” on the same page as “Open Ticket” & post in forums as well all of which I did. So please I am asking you & anyone else caught up in this situation to resubmit your request to the Dev’s through “Submit Suggestion”. No one of us is as strong as all of us.

2 Likes

Fix it Blizzard.

so you shot yourself on the foot and somehow is blizzards fault?

1 Like

how are we rushing? We’re almost at 2 years of classic. That’s basically the same timeline

Do you need some help reading? Blizzard shot him in the foot, he makes that perfectly clear.

1 Like

I hope they let us know when we are able to do xfers because I wanted to transfer to play with some friends but I was going to wait till pre patch to do so… Guess I shouldn’t have waited. I didn’t see these news till today :frowning:

Me neither. I had a character all ready to xfer, was waiting on some mail last night before bed, got tired, so i went to sleep. randomly ran across this on an icy-veins article. My fault for not cruising the forums i guess, but there’s my mage, waiting to play with friends for a few weeks i guess. thanks for the heads up blizz.

They did give a heads-up. :man_shrugging:

That’s literal horse S**T like why are you forcing me to stay on a terrible server when I was prepping TBC and my wallet for a 5 way transfer. No one cares for snapshotting. Or at least give a date that it will become available. Losing a customer to this decision.

1 Like

They didn’t give anything on the Launcher or on Character screen. Where the vast majority of players will see it.

That would be on them, then. I don’t know about you but I sort try to keep up with the news on the games I play. It’s like paying attention to the weather.

You talk and act like they don’t have a launcher with tons of useless info and bulletins.
Gonna tell me they had no room in that mess for even a mention of it?

And really? An analogy comparing game news to daily weather. Yikes man, I would rethink your priorities.

Okay, Karen. You just call Blizzard and ask to speak to the manager.

1 Like

Okay troll, keep trying to make up for your short comings by leaving useless and unhelpful comments on a forum post.

Nice alt you got there. Ironically blizzard removed phone support long ago, I am sure a sweaty troll like yourself knows this. Part of their “improving customer service” gimmick.