WoW Classic character migration stuck for more than 15 hours

The group that I play with all decided to migrate our characters from Fairbanks classic to Heartseeker classic about 15 hours ago. Our initial wait time was 30 minutes, which is still displayed on the icon. The estimated wait time for transfer from the screen is 1-3 hours. I understand it can “take longer than expected” but 15+ hours seems a bit excessive. I’ve followed the steps in the FAQ with no luck.

Anyone had this happen that can assist in the issue?

The forum has seen a few posts where the free migration can take longer due to the demands on the system, especially during a busy weekend. The estimated time can waffle quite a bit, I would give it at least 24 hours.

1 Like

Thanks, found the thread with all the posts from blue. Will delete this.

My son and I are having a similar issue with our transfers being stuck for close to 24 hours now. I looked for the blue post referenced and could not find it. Any chance someone can post a link? I’m guessing we should just wait it out, but am debating whether it would be worth putting a ticket in?

this is the thread I found from a few days ago.

Here you go:

There’s not much a GM can do in this sort of situation other than confirm that it’s taking longer than anticipated.

Thanks for the info everyone! Guess patience is a virtue, but at least I understand things better now :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like