WoW Classic BlizzCon Demo Pre-Download

Could we please get an update on this? Post said it would be over 24 hours to roll out, and its now been nearly a week and I still don't have the client available for download. People will want to have this downloaded before opening ceremonies, and we are getting close to the point where some won't be able to. (Due to internet speeds and such)

Can we please get a Blue response as to what is going on?

Thanks

Edit - I FINALLY got it to come up... apparently my Battle.net client was not updating itself or the agent. I had to completely uninstall and re-install the client to get it to show up.
I had to log out the the Bnet app and re-enter my PW and the classic DL popped up in the drop down
10/23/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Ythisens
we’ll be enabling the ability to download the WoW Classic demo through the Battle.net app for players who have purchased the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket

Will this be available for Mac
macOS Mojave here
Looking forward to trying the demo. Really hoping there is minimal changes done as I really liked Classic back when I started playing World of Warcraft as a Night Elf Warrior. :-)

Xanlorash [The Insane]
Bit of a update I tried what @Bluespacecow suggested didn't work. But Reinstalling battlenet client worked for me like it did for @Exxshadow.
For me to get it to work. I closed out the Blizz App completely (even ending the process in task manager) I went and downloaded the Blizzard App installer from their site and ran it, No reinstall or Uninstall required. I logged back in and the classic download was there.

I hope that helps some of you.
I'm installing the demo but I can't actually Play it. The button is greyed out. Any explanation?
10/28/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Pomo
I'm installing the demo but I can't actually Play it. The button is greyed out. Any explanation?

It doesn't unlock until after the opening ceremony at Blizzcon on Friday.
10/26/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Pheqx
Please Blizz develop TBC with Arena instead!!!
Best Game ever!!!

My granny could troll better
If you mouse over the greyed-out Play option, the scroll banner says, "This game cannot be played yet."
For those who are not seeing a Classic option in the REGION/ACCOUNT pop up menu give this a go -

1)
2)
[...]
7) Open Battle.net again
8) It should come up with box for you to login. Log back in
9) ????????? *cross dem fingers*
10) Profit ?

I bought the Virtual Ticket months ago. I followed all the steps, including restarting my PC but I still don't have a Classic option in the Region/Account menu.
Hi everyone! We’re incredibly excited for you all to get your hands on the WoW Classic BlizzCon demo next week, and to help make things as smooth as possible, we’re making the client available to download for Virtual Ticket holders starting today.

Over the next 24 hours, we’ll be enabling the ability to download the WoW Classic demo through the Battle.net app for players who have purchased the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, as well as standard BlizzCon ticket holders who have added their Virtual Goodies code to their Battle.net account. If you don’t see the option to install the demo right away, don’t worry – you’ll still have plenty of time to download the client before the demo goes live during BlizzCon next week.

We can’t wait for you to get a peek at what we’ve been working on, and hope you enjoy this preview of what’s to come!

Still waiting for download to begin completed all the normal and suggested troubleshooting but no download prompt.

Please provide an update to this.

Harb
10/30/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Harbringerau
Hi everyone! We’re incredibly excited for you all to get your hands on the WoW Classic BlizzCon demo next week, and to help make things as smooth as possible, we’re making the client available to download for Virtual Ticket holders starting today.

Over the next 24 hours, we’ll be enabling the ability to download the WoW Classic demo through the Battle.net app for players who have purchased the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, as well as standard BlizzCon ticket holders who have added their Virtual Goodies code to their Battle.net account. If you don’t see the option to install the demo right away, don’t worry – you’ll still have plenty of time to download the client before the demo goes live during BlizzCon next week.

We can’t wait for you to get a peek at what we’ve been working on, and hope you enjoy this preview of what’s to come!

Still waiting for download to begin completed all the normal and suggested troubleshooting but no download prompt.

Please provide an update to this.

Harb

Any updates on what to do if it doesn't show up in your launcher / WoW Region / Account?
Uninstalled Battle.net to full reinstalled the client 3 times now working.
When will the demo be a viable for play have it download but says it's not available.
Hey guys So just above the the battle.net play button it should have your account name click on that and look for "Account name" (US): WoW Classic and click that to install it. I feel like no one really said this and I just came across it after days of looking hopefully this helps everyone
I was finally able to get the Classic option in the Region/Account section by uninstalling the Bnet Launcher from the control panel, deleting the Bnet folder, and then reinstalling the Launcher.
where is the download I don't see it!
does it really take 24 hours?

Click account name/region arrow area above the click play button ok so I have no option for classic demo on my pop up does it mean 24 hours?

1.i have reinstalled wow

2.i will restart computer
10/26/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
For those who are not seeing a Classic option in the REGION/ACCOUNT pop up menu give this a go -

1) On the Battle.net desktop app / Battle.net client (where you open World of Warcraft from) go to the Blizzard logo up top left
2) Click the Blizzard Logo and go -> Settings
3) On the general tab , Check the option to open the Battle.net desktop at Start Up is turned OFF (Uncheck "Launch Battle.net when you start your computer")
4) If you've turned the option off it should say "Saved" down the bottom by the OK Button. In any case if it's turned off just close the settings box ("Done")
5) Go to the Blizzard Logo again and go -> Log out
6) Restart your computer
7) Open Battle.net again
8) It should come up with box for you to login. Log back in
9) ????????? *cross dem fingers*
10) Profit ?

Why log out instead of exiting ?

'cause the BDA checks the account for things it can offer you for install when logging in. If for some reason the BDA login process isn't catching it then logging out and logging back in *should catch the wow classic demo*.

Clicking the Close box at the top right of the BDA program doesn't actually close the BDA most of the time. Unless you have it configured differently closing via the top right will only make it go into background mode for reopening again.

Why the restart ?

To make sure no Blizzard related Agent processes or background processes are running

This worked for me. Thank you!