WoW Classic BlizzCon Demo Pre-Download

10/24/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Savoth
Using end task for the Blizzard Agent worked for me, thanks!

For me to cheers! Man I am so excited!!!
10/24/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Drakfröst
10/24/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Feronar
So where is it?
If you go to the drop down where it says REGION/ACCOUNT you should see it there, click on it and the install button should show up.

Thank you Drakfröst!
10/25/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Tillixgr
10/23/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Exy
Does anyone know how much we get to do in the demo? Or how far we can level?

Horde --> Barrens
Alliance --> Westfall
You start at lvl15 to 19, but unlimited chars to create

side note they did post you only have so much time to play before you will get disconnected from the servers you can always log back into the Que to start playing again but it is a timed server
On my way to 2 days of waiting just to preload DAM tsk
10/23/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Exy
Does anyone know how much we get to do in the demo? Or how far we can level?

Horde --> Barrens
Alliance --> Westfall

How do you know this? Just wondering cause I haven't seen or read anything on the specifics. And will this only be available during Nov 2-3? Or are we able to play it now, cause I've been seeing screen shots of game play and login screen.
Still no option to preload? Been over 24h what's going on?
10/25/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Blinddate
Still no option to preload? Been over 24h what's going on?

It's the vanilla experience. ;)
Still no download :(

I have the cloak's in game and the banner's. I can watch the blizzcon vid's. But no matter how many times I reload my client exit out restart my pc nothing pop's up to download classic.
10/25/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Icyarrows
Still no download :(

I have the cloak's in game and the banner's. I can watch the blizzcon vid's. But no matter how many times I reload my client exit out restart my pc nothing pop's up to download classic.

i feel your pain and still no sign for me aswell and its starting to piss me off since its been 2 days since it went live and we aint even able to download it still!!
YESSSS!!!!!
10/25/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Killachrizz
Horde --> Barrens
Alliance --> Westfall

How do you know this? Just wondering cause I haven't seen or read anything on the specifics. And will this only be available during Nov 2-3? Or are we able to play it now, cause I've been seeing screen shots of game play and login screen.

nov 2-nov 8 th yes we have a week to try it out ( was posted a while ago )
the play button is no joy !! your probably seeing private server ( hacked ) gameplay not classic demo
what a failure i bought this for demo , still no demo , wtf blizz
It ain't gonna be live until blizzcon I thought this would be obvious
Please Blizz develop TBC with Arena instead!!!
Best Game ever!!!
10/25/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Felbot
what a failure i bought this for demo , still no demo , wtf blizz

Pretty much the same. Also some of the diablo reveals just to have them crushed, and now this :(. What's next this blizzcon is getting worse and worse before it even get's here. Starting to regret taking a day off work to watch blizzcon.
i am showing Version 1.13.028211 and not 1.12 hmmmmm
10/26/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Pheqx
Please Blizz develop TBC with Arena instead!!!
Best Game ever!!!

no
For those who are not seeing a Classic option in the REGION/ACCOUNT pop up menu give this a go -

1) On the Battle.net desktop app / Battle.net client (where you open World of Warcraft from) go to the Blizzard logo up top left
2) Click the Blizzard Logo and go -> Settings
3) On the general tab , Check the option to open the Battle.net desktop at Start Up is turned OFF (Uncheck "Launch Battle.net when you start your computer")
4) If you've turned the option off it should say "Saved" down the bottom by the OK Button. In any case if it's turned off just close the settings box ("Done")
5) Go to the Blizzard Logo again and go -> Log out
6) Restart your computer
7) Open Battle.net again
8) It should come up with box for you to login. Log back in
9) ????????? *cross dem fingers*
10) Profit ?

Why log out instead of exiting ?

'cause the BDA checks the account for things it can offer you for install when logging in. If for some reason the BDA login process isn't catching it then logging out and logging back in *should catch the wow classic demo*.

Clicking the Close box at the top right of the BDA program doesn't actually close the BDA most of the time. Unless you have it configured differently closing via the top right will only make it go into background mode for reopening again.

Why the restart ?

To make sure no Blizzard related Agent processes or background processes are running

It's still not showing up :(

To pick up the new Classic demo menu option your Battle.net Desktop App needs to be at or above 1.12.5.10671 and your Battle.net Agent needs to be at or above 2.15.3.6441

Go into the Battle.net Desktop App Settings (see step # 2 above) -> About . It should tell you what your BDA and Agent versions are there. Then exit out of there and check down the bottom of the BDA window - is there a message about updating there ? If there is then update!

If you get stuck with updating the BDA try uninstalling it then reinstalling it -

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/30304
10/26/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Akuranam
i am showing Version 1.13.028211 and not 1.12 hmmmmm

Yes that is the current Classic version -

https://blizztrack.com/world_of_warcraft_classic

Please see -

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/22548005/dev-watercooler-inside-the-world-of-warcraft-classic-blizzcon-demo
Are you guys going to fix the download issues for people who've purchased the digital ticket?