WoW Classic BlizzCon Demo Pre-Download

To have some of the old mechanics and complexity back in the Shammy class is going to be so refreshing after years of nerfs and dumb downs. I loved the myriad choices in totems, and the feeling that I was a Swiss Army Knife in any dungeon or raid group.
Windwall Totem FTW!!!
Finally. Current retail WoW is horrendous
11/01/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Spruqwa
10/26/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
For those who are not seeing a Classic option in the REGION/ACCOUNT pop up menu give this a go -

1) On the Battle.net desktop app / Battle.net client (where you open World of Warcraft from) go to the Blizzard logo up top left
2) Click the Blizzard Logo and go -> Settings
3) On the general tab , Check the option to open the Battle.net desktop at Start Up is turned OFF (Uncheck "Launch Battle.net when you start your computer")
4) If you've turned the option off it should say "Saved" down the bottom by the OK Button. In any case if it's turned off just close the settings box ("Done")
5) Go to the Blizzard Logo again and go -> Log out
6) Restart your computer
7) Open Battle.net again
8) It should come up with box for you to login. Log back in
9) ????????? *cross dem fingers*
10) Profit ?

Why log out instead of exiting ?

'cause the BDA checks the account for things it can offer you for install when logging in. If for some reason the BDA login process isn't catching it then logging out and logging back in *should catch the wow classic demo*.

Clicking the Close box at the top right of the BDA program doesn't actually close the BDA most of the time. Unless you have it configured differently closing via the top right will only make it go into background mode for reopening again.

Why the restart ?

To make sure no Blizzard related Agent processes or background processes are running

This worked for me. Thank you!

Didn't work for me, Blizzard can't get anything right recently. First BFA now they're going to fumble Classic.
10/23/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Slamitnerd
Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard

check'd
10/23/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Slamitnerd
Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard Please don't ruin it Blizzard
Well... this is awkward.

#nosharding
Umm, Just wondering about if the Demo is playable yet??

I keep getting the Error, Unable to connect while trying to play Classic
What he said, I've tried the past 2 days now and it keeps instantly disconnecting me despite having the Virtual Ticket
And unbeknownst to them all, Blizz found a way to ruin the greatest gaming experience know to their fan base.
11/02/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Virtuwroth
11/01/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Spruqwa

This worked for me. Thank you!

Didn't work for me, Blizzard can't get anything right recently. First BFA now they're going to fumble Classic.

Did you ever get this to work? Doesn't show for me still.
Follow Up. I downloaded the next day after this post. After the Opening Ceremony though, I was surprised I had to click on my name next to the word Classic, and then it did the final install. Maybe this means things were working as they were supposed to, but these steps made the process confusing for some.

The Demo shows that you actually do have quite a bit more work to do. Thanks for the release date!
I had a wonderful time on this demo! What happens next?