WoW Classic BlizzCon Demo Pre-Download

10/24/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Feronar
So where is it?

Thats a good question.......
edit....

I'm downloading now. :)
So where is it?
If you go to the drop down where it says REGION/ACCOUNT you should see it there, click on it and the install button should show up.
10/24/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Drakfröst
So where is it?
If you go to the drop down where it says REGION/ACCOUNT you should see it there, click on it and the install button should show up.

still not visible for me - do you need to have an active retail account and/or have purchased the virtual ticket as well in order to see it?
Epic...
nap done they did post it might take up to 24 hrs for the world before you can download . there releasing the client in stages to not over load the downloader.
taken from MMORPG

Hi everyone! We’re incredibly excited for you all to get your hands on the WoW Classic BlizzCon demo next week, and to help make things as smooth as possible, we’re making the client available to download for Virtual Ticket holders starting today.

[b]Over the next 24 hours, we’ll be enabling the ability to download the WoW Classic demo [/b ]through the Battle.net app for players who have purchased the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, as well as standard BlizzCon ticket holders who have added their Virtual Goodies code to their Battle.net account. If you don’t see the option to install the demo right away, don’t worry – you’ll still have plenty of time to download the client before the demo goes live during BlizzCon next week.

We can’t wait for you to get a peek at what we’ve been working on, and hope you enjoy this preview of what’s to come!
10/24/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Theloras
and/or have purchased the virtual ticket as well in order to see it?

This one would seem to be obvious. The demo is only available to those who have purchased the BlizzCon ticket (actual attendees) or the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket. From the launcher, logged into the Battle.Net account on which that was purchased, it should either have shown up or is still in queue to do so.

From what others have said, it does not take an active retail account. I haven't seen absolute confirmation, but one thread claimed it takes at least a trial account (totally free to create).
10/24/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Eilethalua
10/24/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Theloras
and/or have purchased the virtual ticket as well in order to see it?

This one would seem to be obvious. The demo is only available to those who have purchased the BlizzCon ticket (actual attendees) or the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket. From the launcher, logged into the Battle.Net account on which that was purchased, it should either have shown up or is still in queue to do so.

From what others have said, it does not take an active retail account. I haven't seen absolute confirmation, but one thread claimed it takes at least a trial account (totally free to create).

some people have been able to download it without a virtual ticket though is the point I am making - playing on the classic demo once the servers go up sure you will need a VT, but not to download the classic client
10/24/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Srumar
10/24/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Herrmmage

Ok so for those of you having trouble, this did end up working for me. What I WASN'T doing was actually logging out of the launcher. I was only closing it, waiting a minute and reopening it. After I actually logged out of the launcher, waited a minute and logged back in, then it appeared! Hope this helps!

This worked for me as well. It didn't work at first, but the second I opened up my task manager and made sure to kill the Blizzard task called "AGENT.EXE" it showed up on my very next launch.

Hope this extra tip helps if anyone still couldn't get it.

For those still waiting for the download, following the above got the demo to appear in my launcher and allowed me to start downloading it.
Under Region/Account is it under PTR or will it say Classic Wow? Cause the only thing I see to install is PTR
10/24/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Velriana
10/24/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Christopher
Pay to play a demo of a game I played 14 years ago? Ill just wait until it actually comes out.

Wow intriguing. Do tell us what you had for dinner last night. We are all dying to know.

Salt
10/24/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Killachrizz
Under Region/Account is it under PTR or will it say Classic Wow? Cause the only thing I see to install is PTR

Never mind i downloaded it. Although, I see some people on Youtube that can open the game and see the login screen and i cant even click the play button :(
I had to log out of the bnet launcher and log back in again to see it.
It has its own category, Blizzcon Demo. So if you only see In Development (PTR, beta) and Live, you aren't seeing it.
10/24/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Drakfröst
edit....

I'm downloading now. :)

And........ Still Nothing and i dont even wanna count how many times i logged off and reseted
Same here nothing yet
download still hasnt popped for me yet
same here
Using end task for the Blizzard Agent worked for me, thanks!
Still don't see it even after ending the Blizzard Agent process
10/23/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Exy
Does anyone know how much we get to do in the demo? Or how far we can level?

Horde --> Barrens
Alliance --> Westfall
You start at lvl15 to 19, but unlimited chars to create