WoW Classic Beta Alterac Valley Test Info

Participation != Enjoyment

2 Likes

Never said it did!

Might be the wrong place to bring this up but will you be testing older more desirable versions of AV as well just in case that maybe the nerfed unfun zerg mode isn’t really what people want?

So if no more beta invites go out you’re still going to see long q times. So lots of people watching streamers complain about the q’s. Then you gota factor in the time people are going to spend messing around on all the premaid characters they’ve never been able to mess with before. Activision Blizzard, cmon mang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-m41SMtn_Y&list=LLxF3QDpOqvzJPbEaNiMYhwQ&index=36&t=0s

let me in…LET ME IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1 Like

Because its the superior version

I don’t know about you, but I played a LOT of AV back in actual vanilla. It lost it’s appeal when it became a rush to kill the boss.

3 Likes

Oh my lord…! So what you are saying is that testers get the opportunity to play approximately one full match of AV during the testing period? AMAZING!! OMG PLZ SEND INVITE!!! PRETTY PLZ!!!
:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Only if it’s some mega-turtle otherwise, as has been said multiple times already, it’s 1.12 rush GOGOGO AV.

1 Like

Awwww…boring :frowning:
Might as well be doing raid testing for that sweet PvE content lol

It’s called the Field of Strife for a reason guys!!

1 Like

Hey @ActivisionBlizzard I uninstalled BFA today for the extra chance for the Classic invite I would reinstall and delete every character even if I knew it would only increase my chances of a invite by 1%. Are the 99% really going to have to sit back and watching the 1%'ers play for a quarter of a year before the game comes out. Yes a know its a beta but its still easliy the 1 and only game i plan on playing.

I’m not sure they would buy that unfortunately lol.
I would like to see extra access being granted during these testing periods similar to how they interact with the stress tests.

Obviously they wouldn’t be able to provide the same degrees as the stress test where they are purposefully overloading them, but a few additional temporary invites wouldn’t go a miss. Especially when it’s a separate server with premade characters.

Will be more than happy to take part of the testing this weekend and provide feedback / submit reports as needed.

As echoed by others, I hope at some point those who have been participating in the stress tests (all of them thus far) will get consideration to be added to the close beta. It is clear they need more players in close beta based on how long the BG queues are. That is at least more players to test the BGs.

Who knows, maybe between now and friday they will have an early AV iteration in game. It would thoroughly impress me.

Didn’t the 1.12 version still have them? I think they were only removed in TBC.

Edit: yeah it was 1.11 that removed many guard units and nerfed those that remained, while 2.3 removed the commanders and lieutenants.

Good news I guess is these are the things they are meaning to test. So if it’s a push over and a stomp fest and folks are just rushing the final boss, they can look at buffing the NPCs or reintroducing some of those that were removed in 1.11.

Hopefully they take a pretty serious look at it and make the right choice.

hth

1 Like

Note that characters will be L58 and not 60. My tinfoil hat is vibrating.
“See? NPCs are still hard!”

1 Like

That may be true for you. But that’s not true for the majority of players who played it.

Whether or not you disagree with this doesn’t matter because it’s true.

Haha true, hopefully anyone with any sense can tell that what is easy at 58 will be easier at 60, and further even easier with gear.

With the test I would equate balance to be NPCs being “very difficult to deal with” as players are both under levelled and undergeared.
You want the hurdles to be of reasonable difficulty for a level 60 player initially. It’s understandable that difficulty would scale after collecting better gear at 60, especially as later and later tiers of content is released.

But it’s just no good if the initial difficulty is too low, BEFORE you are at your maximum level, and BEFORE you gear out of questing/low level dungeon items.

1 Like