WoW Classic Auction House to Temporarily Close on May 14

In order to prepare our game service to be ready for both the upgrade to The Burning Crusade Classic and the availability of Classic Era realms on May 18, we will close the Auction Houses on all WoW Classic realms at 10:00 a.m. PDT (1:00 p.m. EDT) on Friday, May 14.

We expect Auction Houses to become available again when the game service resumes following maintenance on May 18.

We advise WoW Classic players to refrain from posting new auctions shortly before the closure, as it will not be possible for other players to access the AH thereafter, and deposit fees cannot be refunded.

Thank you for your understanding.

16 Likes

Will items in the mailbox be safe between now and the 18th post prepatch?

Signed, someone who is very excited to finish off some reputations in tbc :slight_smile:

5 Likes

In theory, yes. The support article specifically lists mailbox items as part of the clone:

A clone is a snapshot copy of your WoW Classic character taken right before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch

Includes your inventory, items in the bank, items in the mailbox, and friends list

Of course, if something goes sideways with the cloning process, the inventory is probably safer than the mailbox. (Although if something does go sideways, you’ll still probably get your mail back, there just might be a delay and potential tickets involved.)

2 Likes

I’ve also read that support article :slight_smile: I am fairly confident everything will be okay but if something does go sideways I’m hoping I can avoid working with GMs to restore 9,600 Runecloth for Exodar exalted or 68 librams to finish off what’s remaining for Shen’drelar (of which are unique so I can’t store them any other way)!

That’s the only reason I was hoping for some blue post confirmation. A little stressed with all the prep as you can imagine!

2 Likes

Thank you for this post, Kaivax. I was wondering what would happen if an inactive clone ended up with mail from the AH.

temporarily close this ratio

3 Likes

There it is, tech-illiterate person coming to screech and cry about a minor inconvenience

To be fair its because they are cloning the servers. They never had to clone servers in retail.

8 Likes

name a time in retail where they had to clone servers to create two different versions of the game that you could move your characters to

7 Likes

Beware the Ides of March May.

3 Likes

Oh great yall adding wow tokens as well?

4 Likes

Well this sucks.

1 Like

What about items waiting in mailboxes?

2 Likes

That’s exactly the point, Blizzard should be adding BC like a true expansion not cloning it.

2 Likes

WTH - I get it but at the same time, we only have 24 hours on the AH at the same time.

The cut on the AH is too much but I get it because this is classic. Could we not make it on May 16th? Grumbles some more about the patch and 2 weeks and not mentioning the Draenei and Belf did not get released until the actual launch in 2007.

I am trying to make gold to survive in classic as a non-raider. I don’t even have enough money to buy a fast mount and you are taking away two days from me to sell my stuff that people won’t even buy.

Ugh…
Signed,

The Failed Saleman

2 Likes

Errrr why? Seems like something that can be easily avoided.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know!

1 Like

I remember when these posts used to come with some cool flavor texts. Now it’s just a boring announcement. It’s the little things, I guess.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be easier to just remove the NPCs and leave an in-game sign that says “Out on coffee break until 5/18”

:slight_smile:

11 Likes