WoW Baby Names

Which ones wouldn’t be too over the top? Not that I’m planning on this btw…

2 Likes

Leeroy.

/moo :cow:

4 Likes

Jaina.
Tiffyn.
Anduin. (Would be iffy, but it’s actually a LotR reference as well.)
Moira.
John.
Cyril.
Katherine.

Oddly enough almost all of the guys in WoW have odd names that would be considered weird, I think… but most of the Girls have normal-sounding names…

1 Like

I’d say go with Mrrrrglllgrglll

20 Likes

Garrosh.

Zug Zug.

2 Likes

Daelin
Uther
Jarod
Calia

Dave.

Name it Dave whether it’s a boy or girl.

2 Likes

Tim

10/char

Anyone remember the thread about the dude that named his kid Alexstrasza? Poor thing.

9 Likes

Babbulon, the All Consuming
Diaperburst the Plaguespreader
Toddlertron XD-0001
Screelach the Lesser Banshee
Barfus

(Reading other posts I guess I had the wrong idea, Babies are more like raid bosses in my eyes so they get raid boss names.)

8 Likes

Might not be that bad. Likely shortened to Alex which isn’t a bad name.

Aside from when they ask her if her name is short for Alexandra.

2 Likes

Literally any name that’s recognizable as “from WoW” is over the top. You’d have to go with characters that have more generic names so the kid could have plausible deniability.

4 Likes

Lil Deathwing

2 Likes

First day of school-

“Ronald Howard?”
~“Here!”

“Thrall Johnson”
~“Zug Zug”

7 Likes

I have one. Jonny awsome.

4 Likes

Arthus wouldn’t bee too over the top it’s close to Arthur, although I’m not sure I would do that personally… Something about the idea he will go on a quest for a unholy sword and steal my soul.

2 Likes

One of my best friends named her son Arthis. While a slight misspelling for Arthas, it’s pretty close. Funny thing is she never played Warcraft and just found the name in a book.

He’s now 15 and only gets teased by me about it.

Ion Hazzikostas , ok no.

2 Likes

Just don’t. There are a few select names that can possibly fly, mostly the human characters. Mattias, Katherine, etc. Maybe Jaina.

Don’t be like that dude who made a thread about naming his daughter Alexstrasza and said “people can just call her Alex” This is a full, legal name that is going to have to be used at some point.

A child’s name should not be a joke, or a meme, or a reference. If you want to give something a goofy video game name, get a dog and name it Genn. Nobody will think twice, a lot of folks will probably +1 it.

Edit: Tovi knows what I’m talking about. That thread was special, even for GD.

3 Likes

hypothetically ofc ^_~

Jaina is normal sounding.

as is most alliance human’s first names. (varian, anduin, etc)

1 Like