Would you like MC and Ony to be delayed?

No… but they should be buffed because 1.12 talents make them easier than they were intended.

1 Like

still have to get attunements done, ony’s can take a bit. classic requires people to be out in the world or just afk in town… it will be oki

I don’t know you may piss off the babies who whine about others asking questions.

I personally wouldn’t want an extra phase but if they delayed it a week I may be a ok with it just to anger those who want to clear mc/ony in first week.

I am fine with all 1.12 content released as well, because why bother trying to make an almost authentic release when you don’t want to delay cross realm bgs to nax release.

1 Like

Originally all dungeons were able to be raided by 40 players…

All of the original dungeons were tuned for 5 players (except UBRS AFTER the first boss which was tuned for 10) according to the original devs.

Guilds won’t be clearing MC first week.

Aside from that people will still be farming dungeon gear.

People will be doing raids before they are pre bis dungeon gear but remember that raid gear doesn’t drop for a raid to gear out in a week, it takes months, those people will be raiding and still doing dungeons.

you sure about that first statement?

cause I have looked at the math its VERY doable.

but ya even guilds that are killing KT will still be doing MC at least up to the bindings.

1 Like

1-60 takes 4 days played. Those 4 days are game time not real world time in actuality it would take close to 5 real time days.

You need 9k rep to be able to get the waters to summon Rag. The waters have a 1 hour CD, so you would need say 3 people to get honored. You can prolly get away with 2. This grind offers 5 rep a kill and needs over 1500 mobs killed for the rep.

Keying is easy. Issue is step 1, you need 40 people who are record breaking levelers. Then those record breaking levelers will need a day for the rep. And no you can not grind rep while leveling or you won’t be hitting that 4 days played lvl60.

I just don’t see it happening, it’s mathematically possible you are right, but is it possible for 40 people.

Guilds like method won’t even need to be 60 to kill it. They will do it with half the raiders probably still in the 50s

15 year old record in speedrunning is kinda a joke…

also 4 days played to 60 = 16 hours a day leveling for 6 days to 60 leaving 1 full day for the clear.

Dungeon grinding has been shown to be near as good or better than questing, plus you end at 60 geared, and classes that are slow at questing are great for this.

1 group of 4 killing 1800 elementals takes about 10 hours assuming 3 elementals a min avg which is pretty low, and would net them all 1 level.

Everyone else here understood the question. Think that says more about you then me.

I’m of 2 minds.

1. It would actually be a great idea and would give guilds some breathing room to actually enjoy the content before raids get released.
  2. It’s a terrible idea as it’s a large change.

So was watching the 2005 Blizzcon dungeon panel to confirm the dungeons were tuned for 5 players and I found this fun little gem…

“So if I am level 30 and I show up at the Scarlet Monestary. I have NO chance of beating Mograine and Whitemane in the Cathedral. There is just no way I am gonna beat them.”

hmm guess Jeff was unaware of what people would be capable of.

2 elementals per minute per player is low-balling it.

Rep isn’t split in groups… So if they all do it while in a group there are different ways they could do it…
4 people in a group all soloing mobs then if they kill 1 per min each thats 7.5 hours
2 groups of 2 killing 2 elementals a min is also 7.5 hours
1 group of 4 killing 3 elementals a min is 10 hours.

so ya pretty sure 3 elementals a min for a party of 4 is easy.

Yes but theres alot of quests leading upto it + you don’t actually have to kill any of the “hands” bosses prior to acquiring the water.It’s entirely possible to get through most of MC without killing them and back clearing to get them after you’ve acquired the quest. Theres a metric boatload of rep to be gained from MC itself.

The waters don’t have a CD at all, they’re consumed on use. I did an entire MC run with myself being the only person with water, it just required 2 others + a lock to chain summon me back to azshara.

https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/hydraxian-waterlords-reputation

As the guide says it the Aqual Quintessence(the one time use version) is obtained AFTER “Hands of the Enemy”

which requires " Agent of Hydraxis" first which is the step that requires honored.

also the quests up to that point do not give any rep except what is earned from completing them.
30x5( Stormers & Rumblers) + 50 (Eye of the Emberseer) so 200 rep or 40 less elementals.

Also its prob more effient for the group to have 1 group of 4 do the quests and grind the elelementals while leveling and be honored before entering MC with the quest to kill the MC trash mobs, once you kill one of each those 4 drop group and get summoned to Azshara to turn that in and grab the hands quest while the raid continues to clear trash. Once back they kill the four hands bosses and turn that in each grabing an essence while the raid continues to kill trash. they come back quench the 4 runes get summoned back and refresh there essences before rejoining the raid for the last time to finish the dungeon.

I mean we can debate this all day, im still not a believer. I just highly doubt it will happen.

I wouldn’t mind it, simply because I think it would give less crazy people time to level up rather than feeling rushed… and I think it would allow people to greater emphasize that pre-raid gear and dungeon content level before some raider types just start running raids then logging out between lockouts.

THAT being said, being “world first” Rag/Ony for classic is about the only moderately interesting pve accomplishment the game will have, given it’s all very well known by now, and the “challenge” involved is simply in the logistics of getting that many people to cap and ready to roll, rather than the various fights’ mechanical intensity itself…

The change/nochange debate on this topic is irrelevant, imo… they’ve already changed substantially larger and more important game systems, and most of the self appointed purity police have been patting them on the back for it. This would be a relative non issue, save ruining the whole “world first Classic” e-peen contest.

1 Like

Taking time between each phase is IMPORTANT.
But let MC and Oxy available at launch. They were here during Vanilla.

MC trash is refarmable and you don’t actually have to kill the hands bosses till after you get the rep to get the hands quest. None of the trash respawns are tied to the hand bosses either so you can in theory farm trash in raid alot more efficiently than actually out in the world.Will re-edit this post shortly with actual numbers…