Would you had preferred Level 70 or Level 140?

Assuming Blizzard didn’t do level squishes, would you had preferred Level 130 for SL now and Level 140 for Dragonflight? or no?

I like the level squish. I think it’s awkward to be lower level than Classic but I do like the idea of squishing the levels like they did.

7 Likes

I much prefer the level squish myself. Having levels go much further over 100 just feels odd. I don’t know. “Level 200 paladin” would be weird to me. Like at some point the numbers get silly.

At the same time I do think the levels should still take a decent amount of time and that leveling is still too fast.

2 Likes

havinga million hp and being 3 digit level is whatever to me, the squish broke more than it helped, mob aggro is wonky and legacy content scaling was wrecked beyond words. As it is legacy raid mobs will now proximity aggro and land abilities that used to miss 100% because 15-20 lvl differences is nothing compare to the older 50-60 level differences.

Thats my biggest issue with it. I mean i guess if they didnt squish eventually we’d have 10m hp dps and 20m hp tanks and be doing 1 billion dps but thats all just cosmetic. Literal mechanics of content that were the norm for years and years were negatively affected by the squish

12 Likes

I think 140 looks more daunting but in reality isnt any worse if the XP rates are the same to get to max level.

I remember playing Runescape back in the day and seeing 120s and thinking thats going to be impossible to reach. Well time flies when you are having fun and I eventually got there myself. I think it would be similar for players looking at WoW. As long as the game is fun and feels good to play, thats all that really matters not the numbers.

^^^

This is a big thing too. The squishes have made some things more complicated. Would have rather seen a different way to fix the ever increasing numbers (not that I cared much personally).

3 Likes

70, lvl 140 is daunting for alts and shouldn’t exist.

3 Likes

I was hoping they wouldn’t raise the level cap to 70 in DF. I wanted it to stay at 60 and instead introduce a completely different progression system (not borrowed power).

3 Likes

Tbh I almost wish they’d kept us at 60 and squished shadowlands down.

But 70 is WAY better and I’m kind of on team “After 100 please just give us horizontal progression.”

What they need to do is paragon levels honestly. It works for ESO flawlessly. All that would be different is you still have to do the introduction quests to the new area, no XP gained except paragon xp which wouldn’t be a huge benefit but smaller as it adds up.

I’m done with levels, period. I’ve had plenty of experience and hundreds of hours /played I don’t need a number behind my name for any reason. Especially if it’s just gonna keep changing anyway.

1 Like

I recently died to a tank buster that over killed me by 108 hp. The damage it did and the health I had could be mental mathed to realize I would just barely die. Raise all of these numbers by x100 and it become far more difficult to guess which side of the line you’ll be. That’s just too many digits to think about.

I’d have preferred level 60 again.

For me, level 140 is the best. I don’t like the level squish, I think empty levels are fine as long as leveling is fast.

7 Likes

Keeping Level 120 would have been fine. Now with Dragonflight launching requiring a level 50 toon per server to create a Dracthyr… DK and DH now start off at level 10!

What happened to “Leveling takes too long” as justification for the level squish? Why did they do away with Experience Points for Heirloom gear and institute Warmode as the only quick way to level? Most Alliance players left because of PvP. And Legion Invasions peter out at 45. Shadowlands is such a nightmare crawl to go from 50 to 60!

Now I hear Dragonflight won’t launch until December 31st at the latest! Another 6+ months!!! So I definitely miss the 120 BfA levels! Shadowlands 50 to 60 is the equivalent of 15 levels before the level squish!

Not fast enough, remove the levels! Skip me to the end game grinds you’re gonna force me to do stop adding insult to injury! ps you’re adorable

1 Like

It would have made no difference. When we hit level 100 in Legion we also hit 1000 iLVL and the numbers were getting out of hand, so they squished our iLVL, it started happening again in BFA, so they would have squished our iLVL again.

If they kept us going with no upper limit than we would end up pulling in 10 million DPS soon and it would look ridiculous.

Why even bother.

We should be at level 9 with SL. 1 level per expansion.

Level 0-1: Vanilla
Level 2: BC
Level 3: Wrath
Level 4: Cata
Level 5: MoP
Level 6: WoD
Level 7: Legion
Level 8: BfA
Level 9: SL
Level 10: DF

Although it makes no material difference, double-digit level numbers feel more right to me somehow. Too far past 100 it starts feeling ridiculous and kind of broken.

Take it further and use floats for levels instead of integers. 0.1 levels per expansion.

Level 0.0-0.1: Vanilla
Level 0.2: BC
Level 0.3: Wrath
Level 0.4: Cata
Level 0.5: MoP
Level 0.6: WoD
Level 0.7: Legion
Level 0.8: BfA
Level 0.9: SL
Level 1.0: DF

Excellent.