Would you enjoy Preach's WoW?

Do you lose what you gained, specifically the ability (which is the whole problem), when you reset? Because I don’t think it’s a problem to allow us to get high rep with all of them.

Why? According to the best players each class only has one ability you should choose because it’s numbers are the highest it has the best utility. There is no choice there so if you only give them one option it’s the same outcome.

One doesn’t get to see how those abilities function in mythic plus or raids, which may be especially problematic for tanks and healers. But your point does have merit.

Random BG’s are about as useful a judge of effectiveness in competitive PvP as leveling is.

I am sensing extreme hyperbole.

2 Likes

How about just getting rid of the abilities?

That’d shut up a lot of people.

You can’t use the ability but if you ever go back to that covenant your progress picks up right where you left it with catch-up mechanics kicked in for any time lost.

Yeah, and the problem is that Blizzard tied these abilities to the covenants. Covenants should have been almost entirely a cosmetic and roleplay oriented choice, and have nothing to do with in game power.

1 Like

You my friend have nailed it.

Contrasting that we have this post.

Consume enough McDonald’s, and you can stomach ‘anything’.

That could work. But I think the abilities they have designed are just really cool as they are. Especially in the case of Warriors. One of our abilities is a crazy shockwave with a DOT. Another is a tether spear. Oh yeah, and there’s the freaking raid banner.

They’re cool. They’re fun. But why not give them to everyone? The more the merrier!

1 Like

No they shouldn’t.
When covenants were first announced everyone was underwhelmed. "What is a covenant? It just feels like some cosemetic choice’s” is what a lot of people said. Now that their are systems and fleshed out gameplay and choices tied to them it’s too much.

Okay. Except when there are blatant right and wrong choices in terms of mechanical gameplay, that’s bad design when they tie it to roleplay. I don’t raid anymore in retail (I don’t even play) but I feel for those who do, who have to choose between actual impact and what they really want.

2 Likes

Mythic raids will be designed around this system.

I don’t see the issue. Only two problems with this system.

How bad this community is when it comes to judging players on what they have to join their groups.

two couples who play and do dailies kinda to save time join the same faction with mains.

Other than that. The system seems fine. We can’t fix the community issue over night. We just got to keep making the game harder to sustain that min/max state they want.

1 Like

And guess what, every choice will Always be “right and wrong” when it comes to the hi end play.

Lol what? Are you trying to say the player power tie-in is a new thing added recently? We’ve known about this since they first announced Shadowlands at Blizzcon.

Except if they deliberately make it so they don’t have that impact on raids.

Borrowed power has been a major design flaw since Legion. And it’s getting worse.

The choice on which ability is best is one of “it depends based on what you’re doing.”

For instance, Ancient Aftershock for Warriors is good for Mythic+. Conquerer’s Warbanner is good for long fights. Blah blah blah.

This shouldn’t be a choice of “which player to bring based on what content you’re doing.”

All that was known specifically were the class and signature abilities. It wasn’t until later the other systems were really fleshed out and explained.
It just feels like people are so afraid of making a choice different to their friend who then puts out 699 more dps then they do for a specific situation.

Gotta love how everyone’s pretending that somehow Preach said nothing about any of these points. All the points in the OP except 4 logically follow from the design Preach wants. Stop being coy.

And LMAO at Preach saying he wants to go to FF. I was thinking he’d fit right in with that community. It’s filled with people like him. It’s the PERFECT game for him. Everyone is a template, there’s no gear progression, and you can raid log and be done with the game for 6 months at a time after you clear your 4 savage fights. There’s a type of ‘personality’ like his that FF14 is teeming with. He totally belongs there.

There’s no way to make both sides happy either. I didn’t realize how much I hated a certain subsect of this community until they stubbornly insisted on this mutiny. Now they can sit and spin for all I care. This is a binary design choice, and them not respecting the dev’s initial choice and trying to flip it is just making the divide worse.

1 Like

Can you expand on this? What covenant abilities or signature abilities will be considered as the baseline for designing raid encounters? Sincerely interested and I don’t intend for this to be snarky.