Would the Horde benefit if it was the Warlock faction?

Oh I also think that it would be nice to bring something to the table that the Alliance can’t. The Horde isn’t really needed especially with the recent gains that the Alliance has made.

It would be nice to have something pop up and the world has to turn to the Horde.

Like I said, The horde has 2 of the 3 world centers of Arcane magic, Suramar, and Silvermoon. The Alliance does Not control the 3d one, Dalaran.

The Horde are the masters of Arcane magic faction, the Alliance can go find something else, hedge magic…i mean…Druidism perhaps?

Pretty much what others have said. The alliance isnt really the ‘mage faction’. More like the only faction where mages are given any character development.

The horde is arguabley better at magics given the blood elfs and nightborne, having historys steeped in magical use.

But what the horde lacks in general is developed characters. Seriously I dont actually think there is a horde magister of note that has done anything impactful for the last 3 xpacks. Ib4 thyrlassa before she joined the horde.

Let that sink in…

But idk about the horde being the ‘warlock faction’ what are you trying to makes it easier for blizzard to villan bat us?

5 Likes

I wish the Horde was the Shadow/Fel/Nature faction and the Alliance was the Holy/Arcane/Necromancy faction.

The Mage faction is Dalaran which never was a tight member of the Alliance and under Khadgar, they’re neutral now.

I agree with this. But Cataclysm was our chance (at least in the game so far), and it didn’t go over well.

Ironically enough, the only character with the title of “magister” who’s getting tons of screentime is … Magister Umbric. Who only started getting that love when he went to the Alliance. (Not that I begrudge story time to the Void Elves, because they need development, but still.)

Well, I don’t. I like being a master of the arcane, and I like being on the red team (apart from my issues with BFA), and I don’t want to be told I don’t belong. I already get that for being a Blood Elf.

1 Like

I mean in the same (or even lesser) sense that Steamwheedle Cartel or the Trade Coalition has been neutral. But if we came out with an expansion where the Steamwheedle was the neutral faction with which the champion from both factions had to work, and the principle characters were folks like Marin Noggenfoger, trade Baron Silversnap, or Pre-patch 8.3 Gazlowe, it wouldn’t feel neutral to a lot of players.

Horde BEs were a mistake.

But so were Alliance NEs.

2 Likes

Nonsense. I think they were a stroke of genius, frankly.

But then, I also have zero interest in playing a vampire elf, so clearly we have different tastes. And that’s fine.

1 Like

Only if the Warlocks get to cross some lines now and again.

I don’t really think that either faction is definable by any single class. Sure, orders like the Silver Hand and Kirin Tor might lean Alliance, while orders like the Earthen Ring might favor the Horde. By and large though, I don’t know if you can define either one by one of the twelve.

2 Likes

The Druid content usually leans Alliance/Night Elf in terms of aesthetics, themes, and other stuff too, despite the fact that now there are more Horde races than Alliance that can be Druids (4 vs 3). :stuck_out_tongue:

Like was pointed out before, that’s a separate issue regarding how there just needs to more to development when it comes to Horde developing characters/organizations.

2 Likes

I think if they were going to do the equivalent of the old Paladin = Alliance, Shaman = Horde, but with Mages and Warlocks, they would have had to have done it a long time ago, like at the very beginning. There’s no way they could pull it off now.

In fairness, that’s like saying Darth Vader dabs on all the Jedi. Of course, lol. She’s a once in a generation kind of genius, and most mages who eclipsed her or could rival in power her are gone now. I think Khadgar might be able to outdo her, but that’s pretty much it at this point.

Overall, I think belfs still have more overall magical affinity and calling than humans, but mortality gives humans a certain drive. Humans peak sooner and reach higher than most belfs because time is always on their backs. That said, belfs as a race are super in tune with magic, and they all use it in small degrees (just walk around Silvermoon some time, the streets sweep themselves!) Plenty of humans take to magic like cats take to the pool, not at all.

2 Likes

The Horde is the Arcane Faction. We have Suramar and Silvermoon, the Alliance doesnt even have Dalaran or Khadgar, all you have is Jaina. Thats literally it. 1 person, no matter how good, does not affect the average at all. The Average human (Non dalaran) mage is mediocre at best.

That cute little tower you guys have in stormwind, it looks like a toddler paper mache project compared to Suramar or Silvermoon lol.

Its also worth noting that Aluneth, an arcane being, thinks Dalaran pales in comparison to Suramar.

“How small is this city compared to the glorious and splendor of Suramar.”-Referring to Dalaran.

“Lowly Dalaran. Where petty mortal politics preclude the acquisition of true power.”

1 Like

Medivh already beat the Horde since He’s a Warlock.

Plus that other Black Warlock Lady I forget her name.