Would love some dates for Fresh Server Launch, and Wrath launch

Like the title says, I would love some dates for this stuff, so I can start planning, and request time off work.

We need to know things like, will there be a Name Reservation period, like we had for Classic Launch? Since these are afterall fresh servers again.

We need to know when wrath is going to launch, so we can request time off work.

Now that we are getting fresh, we need to know the dates for prepatch, with enough time to request time off work, since fresh is going live same time as prepatch.

Would love to know the names of the servers that are going up for fresh, so that friends/guilds can gather on the appropriate realms, and have polls and such to determine which server we want to roll on.

Side tangent, when will the digital deluxe edition come available to purchase? You can already pre-order a digital deluxe edition for the retail dragon thing, what about the digital deluxe for wrath?

1 Like

You need to request time off 2 months in advance? We aren’t getting Wrath until like late Aug or Sept.

For the amount of time off I want to request, yes.

Stop asking them to take more of your money ffs. They dont need delux additions. Everything else you said is on point though, dates please.

Fresh servers will probably be up like around 1 month from now if they let us play on them during pre-patch. Or it will be like 2 months from today if they don’t.

Good luck getting Blizzard to tell you this far in advance.

They already said they were doing a digital deluxe edition, and I am willing to bet whatever the wrath themed mount they have in it is gonna look awesome. Even if I will never be able to use it, and will have to just learn and never actually use it because of the amount of backlash the community gives to people who buy cosmetics. But I have bought a digital deluxe or collector’s edition for most expansions of WoW.

See that’s the part that I am getting nervous about. If I want to request up to a week off, I need to request it 2 weeks in advance. If I want to request 2-3 weeks off, I need to give closer to a months notice, so that I can have people cover my projects, and get them up to speed on what I am doing on said projects.

EDIT: I mean I could probably still get it approved, but that would really not be fair to my team, and I love the team I work with.

1 Like

They already said fresh servers will be available with the pre-patch.

As far as when that’ll be…however long the beta lasts. I’d guess maybe two months, so figure late August. Maybe even into September.

The beta will not last 2 months. It is usually 1 month. So the pre-patch would be at the end of July or early August.

2 Likes

They have a few small bugs on the beta. At this point it’s more or less sent to the streamers for more hype/publicity before it goes live. But I agree, it won’t be long. From what I can see it’s running really well on beta (As viewed from streamers streams) minus things like rogues having 161 talent points to spend…

1 Like

The TBC Classic beta was over 2 months, and the Wrath beta will almost certainly be longer. They changed a LOT of stuff and need a lot more testing.

I doubt it man. That is too long for a beta.

1 Like

You can doubt it all you want. The last Classic beta was over 2 months, and there’s every reason to think this will be even longer.

1 Like

Are you here repeating your, “OPINION”?

They didn’t really change alot. They just didn’t turn on RDF, and prettied up the LFG tool with a few more hooks from 3.2. I mean, aside from moving it to the current game engine, and removing things like the world/quest interactable objects are no longer sparkly in wrath, which is something that should have been a thing since ZA was released. (Toggleable from user interface so you can disable if you don’t like it)

Frosstfire is right, this beta won’t be out long, they can’t have it be out long before they move to actual launch or they go against what they have said in previous interviews/blue posts.

They said Wrath and retails expansion were going to be released far enough apart that you could experience all of the content in one, without being rushed, before the other drops. They have no made it clear that retail will be out by end of december. That means wrath needs to be launched no later than early october, most likely sooner. Although they specifically stated that prepatch would be no less than 2 weeks, no more than 6 weeks, they made it sound like right around 3-4 weeks for prepatch along with these other buffs. Means Beta should not be more than 2 months left before we have prepatch. Most likely less unless they are cutting things REALLY close.

Not really. TBCC didn’t change much at all, and yet it lasted much longer than a single month. This is also the start of testing and they’ll likely want at least two or three waves to ensure that everything is fine for launch.

There’s more changes in Wrath announced than in previous versions. Sure, many of them are just being proposed, but that doesn’t mean no work is going to be done to set the framework. As for the LFG tool it definitely requires testing in a Wrath environment.

Also they didn’t say it was going to be out soon, just that they’re planning on a bonus XP event and fresh realms prior to the pre-patch launch.

Two months is a lot longer than what Frosst claims it’ll be.

2 Likes

The top Blue thread on this forum literally talks about preparing in the next few months for the Wrath launch.

It’s months away. People really should stop stating their opinions as facts and simply deal with the reality of what we know.

1 Like

Blizzard has posted that Joyous XP will go live in the next several weeks. They also said that Joyous XP will last 6-8 weeks. They also said that Joyous XP will last through the end of prepatch. They said that prepatch would be no less than 2 weeks, no more than 6 weeks. Those are all facts.

Now if we connect the dots and make correlations to all of this, and read some of the other posts, they have hinted at (Not out right said) that prepatch will be closer to 3-4 weeks. So the 6-8 weeks of Joyous XP we know is going to have 3-4 weeks at the end of it be prepatch. Which means 2-4 weeks of Joyous xp without prepatch (Give or take a week or so). This buff is supposed to start in the next several weeks, as of last week. To me, in the next several weeks, means very very soon, but something needs finalized first, or an announcement for something bigger has to go out first.

1 Like

The launch is months away (2). The prepatch is like 1 month away most likely.

1 Like

There is no chance the prepatch is 1 month away.

But reading your posts here and elsewhere you seem incapable of recognizing your opinions are just that. So…whatever.