Would like some information on ban timers

My account was suspended for 21 DAYS as of 30ish minutes ago. I haven’t logged on for 12 or so hours. And when I was on, I was doing arena spam with my friend and I exchanged almost zero words with anyone.

Very confused as to why this massive penalty as been slapped on me, with the email saying “I was reported by people” The only things I have said publicly in trade chat was linking an item and asking about it’s price, and a few days ago having basic discussions about classes.

The only time profanity was used was when I was with my friend, inside the arena, using party chat, because we know each other. He obviously didn’t report me unless there is an automated system in place.

I haven’t played in a considerable amount of time, and the last time I was suspended was for 2 days well over 19+ months ago at this point.

As for an important note, I never use any extreme language in any chat regardless of it being private or not because I’ve figured it’s always been too risky. So no, I haven’t dropped anything super extreme that would illicit a 21 day ban.

I just see his other thread got moved onto CS here:

2 Likes

These do not wear off, and penalties increase each time.

As this is mainly a player discussion forum, the best your fellow players is suggest an appeal if you haven’t already.

A moderator may step in and advise more, but that is not guaranteed.

11 Likes

So you’re saying a 2 day ban from 2 years ago can jumps immediately to nearly an subscription payment cycle?

At this point I would take the suspension if I could find out what I said caused a month long suspension.

I would try this.

6 Likes

Many conflate the length of a suspension - with the severity.

Once upon a time that was true to an extent, but not so much anymore.

Now, it’s number of infractions that carry the most weight. Yes, it’s been years - but you have 3 previous on this account.

Now, as to what you said - yeah, this one is gonna definitely stand.

30 Likes

Any infractions from about 2016 on currently count against your account. Records of older ones are also there, but don’t count in the penalty structure.

The mild silences or short suspensions you might have had in the past were found to not deter unwanted behavior like they wanted. The duration of the penalties has now changed. You were probably used to just 24 hour Silences that doubled.

Now seems to be:

• 1st infraction = 1 week silence
  • Second infraction = 1 week suspension
  • Third infraction = 2 week suspension
  • Fourth infraction = 3 week suspension :point_left: You are here
  • Etc. up to account closure

So, that is why you got the penalty you did for the account infraction. Because the penalties changed a year or so ago, and you had past infractions.

Blizz is one of those places where the permanent record really is permanent. They comply with all data retention and privacy laws, but the record of having the infractions and the categories stays.

8 Likes