WOTLK? You don't want WOTLK

You think you want WOTLK, but The Oculus.

9 Likes

That’s one of the faster dungeons, so naw.

7 Likes

good one i almost laughed

1 Like

Oculus was great. Super short and easy. Once they added double badges from the bosses and a chance for it to drop the Blue Drake, it was amazing. And yet people still left in droves because a single vehicle boss was just too hard.

1 Like

I like the Oculus. The only time it is a pain in the butt is when you’re going for all the different mount achievements but a team of all Bronze or all Red can just smash through that place in no time flat and without any real thinking involved either.

Violet Hold is the worst of the bunch because it is just so damned boring.

6 Likes

So much drama back in the day over an easy dungeon.

1 Like

I will stay in TBC. No interest in wrath but wrath will happen as well. Thats when i will opt out to my TBC eternal server.

5 Likes

You say Occulus, but what you really mean is ToC.

honestly this. Oculus when done properly is extremely fast. It just sucks when you get a bad group for it.

Dungeon is like 15 minutes if that rofl.

WTB: 1 Occulus ring paying 2 SoJ or 4 Um rune or 1 Cham rune PST

1 Like

Loved it. But I also liked the vehicle fights. Was interesting change of pace.

Also enjoyed ToC. No trash, no running around. Got to do a fun little mock PvP fight. Wouldn’t want that for every raid, but nice change of pace.

I meant the dungeon. Players back then couldn’t grasp the jousting, and there was always someone every queue that hadn’t done the RP which means it wasn’t skippable for the rest of the group.

And the ninja looting. God, the ninja looting.

The Oculus is very, very simple. The only annoying thing about it is the dragon mounts disappear from your inventory if you wipe for whatever reason.

This. VH is all-around obnoxious, especially as it seems Ichoron is always a guaranteed boss. The invisible walls that keep you from jumping off the ledge was prob the worst dungeon design decision for that expac.

1 Like

Didn’t you know? Classic and TBC are just WotLK waiting rooms

Oculus was stupid, however it was also short and easy with extra rewards.

I wanna fight a big blue dragon! But then, during the final phase, I wanna stop playing my character for no reason and then hop onto a little dragon. Then, I wanna push a bunch of buttons I don’t recognize and hope that, somehow, the big blue dragon will die!

2 Likes

Violet Hold must have been truly awful, because when I scour my long-term memory, I come up with no results.

Wasn’t a fan of Oculus, even if it wasn’t ‘hard’.

You think you want 10ms batching, but you don’t.

Wrath had LFD though so that’s nice.