[WotLK News] A live chat with Devs

I thought you guys were supposed to represent the community, not be talking heads for the devs? You know as well as anyone else and from your other posts in this thread that by far the largest issue is RDF. I am frustrated that the devs met with the community council members and RDF was not discussed.

Community Council members should represent the community. I know you felt like you would burn bridges if you pushed the agenda on them… but sometimes you gotta play hardball.

14 Likes

Thanks for the information but who decided what questions to ask?

I don’t remember ever seeing anyone ever ask for a ilvl squish.

And everything else discussed seems like stuff we already knew aside from the fresh servers.

Not having time for RDF means this wasn’t an open discussion and were probably fed questions that already had pre-planned answers.

Just saw this and answered my own question.

1 Like

If you bothered to read literally any of the other comments from the CC you would have seen that blizzard isn’t willing to discuss that with them. They had talking points brought up.

Perfect World TOC gets lowered in a level squish (cap at 245; maybe 251 for the end chest) ; Ulduar maybe boosted a little in ilvl (239;s become → 245). To prolonged the life of Ulduar; at least till ICC comes out.

The ToC Tier; got very repetitive and its rather short; so it becoming a supplemental teir to Ulduar would be way better design.

Leave ICC alone; this might just make it so Normal is needed to help ease into Heroic; and thats ideal.

Once ICC is out; I do think the other content/gear should be irrelevant for the most part so dont squish the ICC tier at all please.

Just wait till wotlk goes live there is going to be 10 times the number of people complaining about it not being in the game, untill they add it.

And not discussing those items is just as powerful of a response. If they say “we only want to discuss ilvl squish” and the council rejects to comment and say it doesn’t belong, we have other matters more important, Blizzard will at least know the community’s stance.

Sure that could end the entire conversation, but the more leverage you give Blizz the more and more they are going to take. If you let it become “our talking points or nothing” and give in to that mentality, what is the point of the council then?

You are supposed to be our voice, and it feels like the ball was dropped this time around.

2 Likes

I understand now why communication is so unrepresented in a larger degree … i have more productive discussions with my children. I’m very interested in how they will handle the item squish. I think some are at a lost why classic was widely wanted, it was the experience but not the one they believe it was. I saw it as the relationships people built that in retail seems amiss due to certain systems having a very large effect over time.

The problem is they already know the community’s stance. There have been 60+ RDF forums posts, even from the Community Council.
More to the point, Blizzard released an official post saying they wouldn’t discuss it further for now. Per the CC they didn’t let them speak on it.

iLvl squish for T9/T10/S7/S8

The proposal of reducing the iLvl (and in turn the stats) of items from ToC and onwards (That is T9, T10, Onyxia, Ruby Sanctum, S7 and S8) was made.

The stated goals of this change were as follow:

• To give more relevance to Ulduar once ToC is released.
  • To increase the difficulty of ICC by reducing power creep.

Furthermore, this change would also reduce power creep and gear disparity in PvP for Season 7 and 8.

Can’t we get a huge freaking resounding hell no to this kind of bs?

16 Likes

We’re trying but people still want to talk about RDF.

1 Like

It’s honestly a change that if they made it, I wouldn’t play, like that would be a hard stop moment there.

11 Likes

Indeed. A lot of people think this way. I’m considering it if implemented.

1 Like

This proposed change is actually something id consider quitting because of.

4 Likes

Can you tell them we want a PVE realm for fresh?

3 Likes

If RDF wasn’t discussed, sounds like it was a fluff piece. Disappointed.

6 Likes

And you are not alone. Increasing difficulty just for the sake of increasing difficulty just puts a larger barrier between good and less skilled players. These arn’t changes that benefit anyone. While the strong skilled players will still clear it with ease, lesser skilled people don’t make it nearly as far and quit even sooner. Now I’m not saying that things need to be completely brain dead easy, but artificially increasing difficulty through lower gear isn’t the way to do it. Plus I don’t really agree with the reasoning behind it. Ulduar is still relevant even with ToC out. People still want their leggo mace, and Ulduar 25 Hard mode bosses do drop some 239 items which are already better than ToC 10 normal in contrast to what they said above. To me it sounds like they are trying to solve an issue that doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

as so many as said above please do not do anything with the item levels in any raid quit trying to make so many changes just re-release wrath

no more of your changes that are honestly garbage and none of the player base want

12 Likes

Well the idea that they’re considering rebalancing all of TOC and ICC is pretty major too and just about as stupid as removing RDF.

4 Likes

Disagree, I want a more challenging classic. Everyone loved the pre nerf raids in TBC. Let’s get more classic content like that.

Be a huge mistake to release stuff too easy like they did in vanilla classic. Many players like myself will get bored and unsub.

A more challenging Classic can also be achieved by buffing the heroic versions making them harder, without inversely affecting normal modes (because the proposed idea of a item squish) and making it harder for EVERYONE. Lets face it, not everyone will clear ICC 25 Heroic, item squish or not, the same as not everyone cleared Sunwell.

Edit - Buffing heroic mode gives the more skilled and dedicated players what they want, harder content, without killing what the more casual side enjoys.

2 Likes