[WotLK News] A live chat with Devs

In this discussion one of the CC members already said they brought up concerns with class balancing to the devs, which is quite an important factor to play into this.
It does look like they are pushing back, but in reality there is only so much they can do.

Because ā€œclass balancingā€ in WotLK is the most important topic with the community on the forums right now?

kek

1 Like

Then Blizzard should remove the farce of a program that was only set up as a publicity stunt.

If they do not give the CC actual power to address change then its moot.

AND if the members of the CC do not represent the players then its moot.

Itā€™s truly a pointless system.

6 Likes

if you change the ilvls of raiding tiers that very much would affect class balancing. Which is very important since one of the reason classes like warrior scale so much is due to the current itemization.

Please point out all the forum posts asking about that topic. Now refer to RDF, which the WCC ā€œdidnā€™t have time forā€. Oh yeah, they are really ā€œpushing backā€ on Blizz.

kek

2 Likes

This entire forum topic is about that. There ya go, I pointed it out.

So the people talking about it post when the WCC ā€œhad their talkā€ with devs, means it was asked about by the community before the talk?

kek

Class balance was pretty good in wrath so not sure why itā€™s even an issue being discussed at all.

3 Likes

Well per what they said (also in this forum that you clearly didnā€™t read) blizzard had topics they wanted to discuss. It doesnā€™t look like they gave them much of a choice on talking points.
My guess is blizzard has been thinking of this change for a while and wanted to gauge people about it.

Some argue itā€™s the most balanced ever was. Good point.

Iā€™m only bringing it up in relation to the ilvl scaling changes they were talking about, which is fairly relevant.
*edit - here is a good post that also brings up things about raid comps changing due to scaling for example:
The post-Ulduar gear iLvl squish suggestion is a bad and lazy idea - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Itā€™s just an excuse to ignore more important topics being discussed by the community. This whole WCC ā€œtalk with devsā€ is a farce meant to gaslight the community. Itā€™s honestly an insult to intelligence that they even attempt to pass this off as sincere to the community.

3 Likes

I get that everyone is malding but I have a serious question that many of my scholars and dentists are wondering the answer to. Do these changes make Death Knights stronger? If so, OMEGAROLL, if not, sadge.

TY in advance.

No lol. Itā€™s about RDF now. You know. The topic making up most of the forum posts. Good job doing PR work for free.

5 Likes

The bigger issue is that it would dramatically impact raid tuning if ToC/ICC/RS donā€™t get rebalanced as well to account for it.

1 Like

And thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been reading as a concern. A friend of mine also discussed this a bit with me on the side.
In the changes talked about they didnā€™t even bring up rebalancing the raids, they only talked about the ilvl squish.
Which if not handled correctly could vastly impact a ton of systems.

Exactly why Community council members are a joke

How do you NOT ask about RDF lol

10 Likes

Posted here for the rest of us.

3 Likes

You mean 3.3.5?

The thread that had the posts concerning only one server being released was responded to by a blue within a few hours because it blew up almost instantly.

You donā€™t see that with RDF. No matter how committed they are for it, there just isnā€™t enough interest in it.