[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Btw, sincere congratulations for being chosen for the community council. (The mustard colored text is kinda unsettling) nice to have a laizon that is a bridge for players to bring points of discussion to the devs. Regardless of how well it works my gratitude is given for the effort to improve the game. I dont want to be drawn into the negativity but I do desire a forum in which I can gain insight, guidance, and mentorship when I need help and clarity, It has been quite the opposite experince except for a few good threads. I would love to know more about how the community council functions and its views on the social contract and how we as players can benifit from a meta reboot. I would also love to find out about what devs think about bolstering guild tools and integrations such as offered by addons and disc. I do not want to talk about lfd anymoe, or RMT boogeymen running toon slave rings and farming players with boosts and mafia raid gdkps inflating the pixel value of imaginary items. I want multi faceted viewpoints and wild ideas not two buttocks clapping together over what essentially is just hot air that smells like @$$, pardon my ascii, I would like to also say that the classic experience has been uplifting and enlightening for me vs the doom and gloom forum troggs. The game is fine at the current level of anonymity imo and forum need more transparency and policing.

2 Likes

I would rather it be in the game. Being able to quest, que for dungeon, get teleported to dungeon, finish the dungeon, then go back to the place you were before and continue questing is nice.

Having said that it’s not really a big deal for me since I will most likely stop doing dungeons once I hit max level and get access to lvl 80 pvp gear.

I am quite certain both of those numbers are off. I thought it was closer to 25 Emblems per week and gear ranging from 50-110 ish depending on the piece.

It could be, maybe that data was updated to different xpac.

Who knows.

I think it was something like if you maxed out badges for a week you could buy a bracer costing item, non tier pieces were about two weeks worth of badges and tier sets were more? Maybe the same though. It’s been a long time.

1 Like

Or they just remove the 1 boost per account restriction, which I think is more likely.

Don’t even need the boost l tbh I got all my 70s lol.

Just gonna use a mage boost for 1 pvp/gdkp alt.

Probably makes them more money to NOT remove it, people who really want to boost more can do it, they just need to pay more. It’s the reason they’re not going to allow account to account transfers.

But idk, could go either way.

The same argument could be made for LFD/RDF.

And more importantly, we’ve already seen the experience can’t be recreated.

7 Likes

RDF was intentionally removed.

LFG TBC was just there cuz it always was.

he/she probably made this topic to make everyone abandon other threads about same issue and all will be commenting here, you know? it’s like when you bring big bag to collect all the spread trash all over the place so you can contain the issue.

1 Like

Technically nothing has been removed YET. It’s just threat of removal until the ICC phase rolls around and its not there. Lot of time for them to change their minds.

5 Likes

I mean I think there’s a difference between threat and literally saying it’s what they’re going to do. Threat implies there’s some condition in which it will stay, and that is not a scenario we have been presented, and furthermore there is zero evidence that this is poised to change come ICC.

And I would 100% agree

2 Likes

In theory they have said they are listening to feedback, but blizzard has lied about that before.

1 Like

They know people want RDF. Listening =| agreeing. Just because you want it, doesn’t mean it’s what they want to do.

1 Like

Its an opening. Being surprised by backlash and saying theyre listening to feedback shows its not 100% yet.

Not only that but we havent seen Q2 results yet and people are still waiting to see if it changes.

This is phase 1 basically. Stay tuned

No no please please talk more if anything I can say I appreciate any type of input that could reach blizzard’s ears And so do II think it is absolutely imperative.

That we do have these discussions And I don’t know why anyone would go out on a limb and say why would you even bother making this form post when realistically what we do need is more communication from people like you.

So speaking from somebody who’s playing this game now please please the last thing this community needs is it’s council members to remain silent or anyone that could get input from blizzard itself or give it to them.

2 Likes

Its an absolute gut-punch. The decision has made me ponder if I want to proceed into WotLK and/or how long I’ll stay if I do move onto Northrend.

My experience with Dungeon Finder in OG WotLK was: More groups. Faster groups. Easier groups. Grouping is essential to character progression and one of the fundamental social aspects of the game and, as such, should be given priority to be made better if your goal is to improve the social aspect of the game…and more, faster and easier is better.

With the actual tool? I don’t think there any negatives. Anything that can be said to be a negative of Dungeon Finder is actually a problem with the behavior of the playerbase and aborting Dungeon Finder isn’t going make ‘the community’ any more cohesive, inclusive, or polite. All of the behaviors that will you see listed as negatives to Dungeon Finder currently exist in ‘the community’, are generally encouraged by ‘the community’ and will not cease to exist if WotLK releases with no Dungeon Finder. Not including the feature is the very definition of ‘cutting off your nose to spite your face’.

The original tool did a fantastic job of performing its intended function of promoting more, faster and easier grouping. Any alterations should only be directed at suppression of poor behavior. But as for basic functionality? No, its fine. I can think of plenty of fixes to the problem of poor player behaviors but thats beyond the scope of this discussion.

12 Likes