[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

There’s a handful of people who whine about CRBG’s just like there’s a handful of people who whine about RDF. And the reason is pretty much the same, they just don’t like seeing others play differently than they do.

5 Likes

It’s almost like blizzard doesn’t want us to have a larger community with features like this lmao

Youre gonna have to back that up with numbers, that only blizzard has. You’re being purposefully dense if you believe you can conflate the 2 tho. All it makes you look is unreasonable, which is a fair take at your opinions.

100% this would relieve so much of the pressure and need for RDF. theyre never gonna do this tho :frowning: sadge.

I wish wed see classic wow entries with no servers,no rdf, no lfr, classic style talent trees, an intact old world, badges, and nerfed ilvls between teirs so the next teir never completely invalidates the previous ones gear.

Extra points for making any catch up 5 mans into 10 mans.

This is realllllllly dreaming tho, i dont rationally or reasonably believe they’ll ever do this id be lucky if the do any 1 of these things

Everyone does that. Almost everyone has a guild and a friends list. But for the vast majority of players that’s not enough. People play at different times, at different speeds. They have different in game goals for the evening. They play alts at many different levels. The friends I have on my main may not have an alt at my level or may not want to play that alt tonight. That’s why you see so many pugs. I can’t remember the last time I did a pug with someone in the group not in a guild.

The only thing that works consistently is the rdf. It puts you in a queue and lets you go out and farm and quest until your dungeon pops

1 Like

I love the Dungeon finder and Ive been involved in the game since 2007.

Only Chads want the dungeon finder removed so they’ll be able to control the game by deciding who can/can’t participate.

Remember those days?
When it was individual players who prevented you from enjoying the game?
Dungeon finder, Raid finder, etc was created so EVERYBODY can enjoy the game.

5 Likes

after a couple of days i managed to do normal ohb and bm last night! it took only took almost 40 mins to get everyone there. the run was easy though so w/e. anyways, the only things said this whole time was some thing like: hi, summon pls, ready, and gg. now that’s some quality gameplay and social interactions for sure. so riveting and fun!

6 Likes

if any of them were good you might wanna pursue talking to them and engaging socially, and next time youre LFM you may find its a little easier <3

That person is just a troll. Do yourself a favor and put it on Ignore.

1 Like

That’s nonsense. If I’m on my healer I’ve often joined a group just because they’ve spent so much time in lfg chat and I feel sorry for them. I even healed low level dungeons like ST when I was 70. But I can’t solve the problems people have finding groups all by myself and neither can you.

See now you definitely do have a friends list right?

wowpedia-fandom-com/wiki/Friends_list#:~:text=1.,default%20key%20shortcut%20of%20O).

1. No dungeon finder has been pretty bad for the whole finding dungeons part of the problem since the roles dont work properly and you’re still doing tons of guess work about their spec etc.
  2. The only reasons to have dungeon finder is to find people your level and appropriate spec for your groups comp to get a dungeon done. Teleporting is just icing on the cake. If it did everything but, teleport and cross realm your party it’d still be a great tool what we have now is a joke.
  3. No negatives to dungeon finder server community has been gone since day one of classic launch other than the novelty of “I’ve seen that person before!” we do not sit around roleplaying/making connections anymore. The game is no longer a chat room with a game as a back drop it is just a game now. (Thanks Discord!)
  4. Best solution for everyone is to have the old dungeon finder without cross realm that way the people who are silly enough to think they’re is some kind of server community can be satisfied.
3 Likes

:frowning: thats unfortunate, i hope you change your mind in the future.

the good news is while Classic may not be a game that caters to you, you can absolutely find another game that does, if youre having issues with the tools youve been given

welp i was pointing out the myriad of other games that will cater to you as a solo player playing an mmo solo.

Not all games need to cater to all people! im glad you like it here! but before you come in and complain, understand youre giving yourself a handicap that the game doesnt need to overcome for you, because (believe it or not) solo playing shouldnt be a staple of every mmo that exists.

inb4 “prove it” that last sentence is an opinion of mine, that you can absolutely disagree or agree with, it just seems as tho the current devs of the game tend to agree with it.

Well I’m hoping you will find a new guild to hang out with guild’s blow up due to drama all the time but I think we can agree theres also plenty of guild’s who have maintained integrity since classic launch onwards. So just keep your head up.

2 Likes

my point was that this tool isn’t good. not compared to retail. so why reinvent the wheel i wonder. retail one is great and works like a charm so use that instead imo. not this buggy half finished one.

lastly, i don’t really care about RDF tbh. i actually think it’s a good thing they are not launching with it since that would trivialize progression super fast. no to that. but come ICC? i really do hope it’s put in b/c it wouldn’t be a classic experience without it.

1 Like

I’ll agree with this, i think it would be fine coming as early as toc to be honest. What i WOULD want tho is the promise that rdf would not be turned on in cata classic (for heroics) until halfway through the expansion, and that LFR would never be implemented.

If rdf is implemented late wrath, and looks to be available day one for cata launch thats a no from me and alot of people id wager.

I vote yes for RDF. Wrath is my favorite expansion, and I REFUSE TO PLAY without RDF. Get out heads out of your a**es, and actually listen to your player base.

5 Likes

SEE YOU IN NORTHREND COMRADE.

If you dont already have a max toon youve been playing in classic, if youre “coming back for wotlk”, your probably not gonna stick around anyways. and if you do, then RDF wont dissuade you from playing (as its the same classic youve been playing for 3 years now).

1 Like

I have 4 level 60s. I have done ZERO TBC. Why? Cause of dungeons. I WILL NOT PLAY Wrath WITHOUT RDF.

2 Likes