[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Indeed. We’re way overthinking and overanalyzing this. At the end of the day it simply gets more people playing the game, increases accessibility and viability of dungeon content, vastly expands player retention, and it’s authentic to Wrath.

It checks all the boxes and appeals to the greatest number of players. Complete no-brainer it should be in Wrath Classic.

9 Likes

Legion is where borrowed power and AP grinds started.

I liked legion, it’s where I mythic raided, however those were still terrible systems with a ton of backlash and they still added borrowed power and another AP grind in BFA and even with the huge amount of hatred they again added it to Shadowlands.

They are finally removing it in Dragon Lands, just took them 3 xpacs to figure it out.

I worry without something like AP there won’t be enough to do day to day.

1 Like

In a perfect form of WoW I might be entirely against LFD. A game without boosting, botting, gold buyers, meta slaves, proper gear balancing, etc. But since WoW is not that, and Blizzard has no concern for the integrity of the game, then LFD probably should be added.

LFD is hugely beneficial to new players, and players who “require” gear from certain dungeons. It’s actually anti-fun to whisper dungeon groups and get ignored/denied because of the class you are or the gear you have. It’s so anti-fun as to make someone consider quitting the game.

People say “just find a guild” as if the majority of guilds are anything but raid loggers. Even in the best guilds on a server you might be hard-pressed to find a “guild group” to run dungeons with on a daily basis.

If any change should be implemented to LFD it should be that it does not award additional gear/xp/items over finding a group another way, and perhaps it should also require that a player click on the summoning stone in order to start a queue for the dungeon. Beyond that, punish players who leave an LFD group early by preventing them from joining the queue for an hour.

5 Likes

This isn’t the goal of Classic.

Also irrelevant with #somechanges on the table.

It should remain removed as they’ve already announced. One of their best moves in years.

I have posted in the Community Council forum my post regarding the LFD:
Link to thread
Feel free to comment about it here.

“Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction.”

This is a quotation that I believe to be wildly incorrect in a huge spread of contexts, for the record.

I also don’t believe it applies to this scenario.

Doing “nothing” would imply WOTLK is left as is. Doing nothing is #nochanges.

Removal of RDF IS the action. You just believe it to be one of the imperfect ones.

Subjective.
Arguable.
Subjective.

You just believe it to be one of the perfect ones. Aren’t circular arguments fun?

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but the inaction I was speaking of in the post is regarding the underlying issues that plague Classic. The boosting problem, server population balance, etc.
Which is where the concern seems to be for the most part.
It would be disingenuous to pretend like LFD doesn’t alleviate some of the issues outlined.
On the other hand, we can’t dismiss the concerns that LFD brings as well, hence why I listed the fears regarding adding LFD.

I’m not looking to point Blizzard in any direction here, I just want them to acknowledge the issues and present some solutions.

1 Like

The argument isn’t circular because many reasons have been provided for why it’s a good change, I’m just not going to retread them hundreds of thousands of times for every Dick, Tom & Harry who’s arriving on the scene, simply because you’re unable to peruse a post history.

I’m not saying you’re obligated to, but acting like no substantive arguments have been presented is a level of “living in the moment” that is admirable.

1 Like

How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?
-Very disappointed. It was a huge quality of life improvement in WoW.

What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?
-It’s much Easier to find groups and I get to experience content. I liked WotLK dungeons a lot.

What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?
-I didn’t see any negatives. I don’t pay attention to what other people have on their plates, I enjoy what’s on my own plate.

Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?
-WotLK Dungeon Finder was great as it was. I don’t see the need or any hybrid solution.

7 Likes

No, there haven’t been. Every feeble attempt at an argument you’ve made has been very easily countered with just simple logic and common sense.

You’re not living in the past or the present. You’re living in some alternate reality where your points are valid or even slightly relevant to RDF.

4 Likes

Anyways, to the original point you don’t get to treat your party like NPC’s in LFD anymore than you can now and the result is the same if you try, a swift removal from the group.

You are more likely to treat your party as NPCs with rdf than without because of a few reasons.

1. You are likely to never see them again.
  2. You dont even have to talk to get into the group.
  3. You face virtually no consequences for doing so with rdf in wotlk heroics vecause the dungeon will be almost done by the time the vote kick option is available. Due to how easy and quick wotlk heroics are.
  1. That already applies now without LFD
  2. That already applies now without LFD
  3. Wrath dungeons take about as long as they do now depending on the dungeon, the group will know quite quickly if you are acting like a jerk and kick you. The exact consequence you face now.
1 Like
  1. There’s no difference from now and rando’s in RDF. Invalid point.
  2. Even better! +1 for RDF.
  3. If you’re getting the heroic done in 15 minutes, then there is no reason to even want to use the vote-kick system. Players can be rude, but as long as they aren’t slowing down progress, vote kick isn’t needed. Use the in-game ignore feature and carry on.
1 Like

It’s so ridiculous the argument the anti-lfd posters try to use. Like they don’t even play TBCC.

4 Likes

And have apparently never actually used LFD given how much junk they spew about how it actually works.

3 Likes

Yup, I’ve stopped correcting their inaccuracies. It’s just a waste of time.

For somebody who has failed to ever make any kind of credible point that isn’t just superficial nonsense drenched in aggressive personal attacks, you sure are the one to be so critical about “valid points”.

Lol, because there’s definitely no such thing as a certain website where you can go to actually check to see if that player has done anything of note in the game. Nope not a thing, right? Haha.

Same as above.

In fact I’ve used it a lot more as of late, as I’ve been playing with retail.

Verdict: I still don’t want it back.

1 Like