[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Everyone I knew would go out into the world to quest or farm while in the rdf queue. Dps had about a 30 to 40 minute wait in the queue. Why would anyone sit in a city and do nothing for 40 minutes. Even if dungeon xp is greater than questing xp questing xp is better than doing nothing. And while questing you get mats for leveling professions or to sell and greens and many a blue to use or sell. Perhaps there are a few who hate questing so much they’d rather do nothing but the vast majority of players will go quest or farm while in the rdf queue

It when you have to spam the lfg channel to get a group or stare at it to make sure you didn’t miss someone else spamming for a dungeon you want that people stop interacting with the world and sit in the city doing nothing.

If you and your friends sat in the city doing nothing that a you problem. The rest of us were in the world questing or farming while we waited in the rdf queue

6 Likes

good news! wotlk is there for us too. kkthnxbye

I like how you say the “Vocal Minority” is the crowd in favor of RDF but I never see any Anti RDF people with hearts on their posts and you are very far and few between. Are.you not reading these comments? 90% of them are in favor of RDF.

This is seriously ridiculous, RDF was already in WotLK and we are being gate keeped by Classic Andy’s like you.

10 Likes

Blizzard is hiding under a rock on this RDF subject. Thread after thread. Silence.

Blizzard knows they are wrong to remove RDF.

10 Likes

“I tried to make dinner in the oven the other day but WOW I can’t believe people actually sit here and stare at it for hours!!1”

1 Like

weeks ago they told you it wasnt coming, and that they wanted you to know it wasnt coming so you could plan on it not coming.

Seems pretty clear here they told you to plan accordingly, and they view the topic as settled.

1 Like

The lack of RDF is an improvement. Lots of confidence in Blizz since they are not adding it. Cata wasn’t interesting for reasons beyond RDF.

2 Likes

I’m not sure you actually read my post.

How do you figure?

Anyone who has played WoW long enough knows Blizzard has flipped on these controversial topics more often than they have not. It just takes them forever to do it but eventually they do. Just look at:

Covenant swapping
Conduit Power
Renown
Torghast
Tier Sets
Titanforging/Warforging
Account wide Essences
Corruption vendor
Tradable Azerite gear
Azerite respec cost
Azerite vendor

Just to name a few things from the latest 2 expansions where these topics were originally “settled” then changed later on.

5 Likes

Considering everyone who quit playing left around Firelands because it was too hard for most guilds and then following that up with dragonsoul and LFR i would say these were the two biggest factors.

Cataclysm was actually the best expansion of the game in my opinion and everyone who complains only seems to mention “the old world changed” which is just a few low level zones that don’t really matter at end game and the “talent trees” which are actually way more customizable versions of having talent trees than what we have in classic.

Going back to the topic… not having RDF is a terrible decision and undermines exactly why it was implemented in the first place. I guess Blizzard is just so out of touch they forgot their own reasons for doing things.

1 Like

The version they chose to release is the best version of wrath there ever was before they started introducing toxic harmful features. I look forward to playing it all the way through without RDF. I’ve been having a blast and appreciate the subtle tasteful things they adjusted. LFG tool is working great on my fresh realm.

Clearly. I was addressing the previous poster accusing them of

when just weeks ago they let everyone know what to expect for launch and phase one, so

Theyve said their peice on RDF for now and i imagine we wont hear about it till we’re in ulduar and it will be relevant to wether RDF is comeing with TOC ICC or not at all.

1 Like

Enough people did it for it to be noticeable.

Chores, watching youtube/twitch, playing other games, eating, exc.

I know a dps that i have played with since vanilla that uses the rdf tool to level his fishing while waiting. In wotlk he just sat in Dalaran and fished in the fountain. Once his fishing was leveled he just afked and would come back to jump/move every few minutes and he left his computers volume up really high. It got to the point one of our guildies would play that sound in ventrillo to get his attention when he was afk.

Also, at max level you can just queue up while you do your dailies or farm crafting materials or whatever.

2 Likes

Like a corrupt government holding an election on a Sunday at 2 AM over a holiday weekend. This is how Blizzard listened the community to remove RDF.

We are back from holiday. Time for the corrupt methods to be revoked.

Come out from under the rock.

9 Likes

How is that different than pugging now? If you’re a dps in a group LF1M tank you can just go afk and check in every few minutes.

7 Likes

False. The version they chose to release is a hybrid version cobbled together from bits and pieces of different patches. This version never, ever existed in a live environment before now.

5 Likes

And has multiple features which never exists in wrath at all.

7 Likes

Ill repeat what ion said: if you want rfd, you can play retail :slight_smile: