[WotLK] Legendary Weapons and PvP

Yeah seems like it.

Perhaps ask Blizzard to look at the threads linked above about doing nothing with season 3 rewards. There was rampant and blatant cheating. Honestly, it kills the game by doing nothing about the 100 point boosters, wintrading, boosting, etc. Can you imagine how a new player feels when they’re trying to step into the arena only to queue into a double glaive rogue/X wearing a Gladiator title because X person bought a boost?

You have all these sweaty clowns that are almost 40 years old actively destroying the ladder with sales and they turn around and complain about Blizzard not doing anything about it yet they continue to destroy it. Then they wonder why they sit in 20+ minute queues.

1 Like

I will make a thread about this on the Community Council forum when I get a chance.

1 Like

It would be very much appreciated if you could make a post about this. This is a huge issue and not to just the players who got screwed over/

Thank you for this.

There you go: [Classic] Season 3 PvP ladder cutoffs, rewards and cheaters

3 Likes

Doesn’t necessarily become skill > gear when you have selective classes running around with shadowmournes doing an obnoxious amount of damage. If possible, disabling legendaries in rated PvP would be the move to a more “skillful” platform.

2 Likes

limiting the number of pve items people can use in arena would be a good start.

2 Likes

Back in the day as a player who didn’t PvE I might’ve been in favor of this, but I think that would’ve been short-sighted. I’m not saying not to tune major outliers if there turns out to be a huge problem, but the key is tuning rather than restricting.

Mages and Rogues are absolutely oppressive in TBC, regardless of any items they may or may not have used. Skull of Impending Doom was a clever way to use a utility (which came at a massive use-cost of not being able to have a weapon / offhand equipped) to help resolve and combat some of that oppressiveness.

MQG was a rather boring item in design terms (although fun to use I’m sure) that just allowed mages to stack insane amounts of haste with other CDs like lust and veins… in that case I think you can just adjust the value of such stacking attempts, that sounds like something they’d have done back in the day if it had been abused anyways.

I don’t think you want to outright remove procs or effects on PvE items from arena. Just tone them down in PvP if it feels needed.

As a PVP only player I am in favor of this. It’s kind of lame that the best items for PVP can’t be obtained by being the best at PVP. Of course there are a million other PVE items besides legendaries that fall in this category too, but it would be a good start.

PvP is a dead meme in Classic. Blizz made sure of that.

if homie wants to bring some pve gear into pvp, let them lose resilience so i can cut through them like butter. i hope they enjoy their smourne, cause they wont be using it vs me if they dont have wep chain lmfao.

No dont touch them, it takes months to Actually get these leggos, not everyone will have them, you dont raid nor do you actually pvp so you wouldnt understand. a disc priest isnt a class that would get the leggo unless they ran a GDKP and they were a whale, a Druid healer is 2nd on the list to get the leggo, and that will be months before the holy pallys get their leggo.

Season 8, is literally end game content, again takes months to complete. your assuming that every single person you fight in pvp will have either one of those weapons, that just isnt the case, its A massive time sink that not alot of people can afford via gdkp, nor can convince a guild to go back and do old content.

Completely invalidating someone’s achievements, and time sink because other players cant get them is the dumbest thing ive ever heard, why put the leggos in the game at all? why have Resilience?

RBG’s and heavier oversight on the Glad title sellers/boosters, but i prefer if you didnt take anything to the CC, your takes are extremely bad, you have 0 pvp experience, you dont raid, you barely play the game or else you wouldn’t be asking these dumb questions.

I can’t stand legendarys in arena. Whether it’s classic or retail, It’s lame. Everybody’s going to have a shadowmourne or valk just like everybody has warglavies. Keep pve items, just not the godly ones. We don’t need rng wep procs.

But that’s just like, my opinion man.

1 Like

I don’t know why you say that without knowing me.

This guy knows how to blizzard!

Hello Fun police?

People are using weapons they earned in game to participate in other activities in the game! I literally cannot believe this!

3 Likes

because muru killed your guild, and your takes are terrible leading me to believe that you dont play the game, or just lack serious critical thinking skills.

2 Likes

Most of the so-called community council members don’t really play the game. You can tell from how bad their takes are in general.

Dont get me wrong, i dont have an issue of you being a casual player, that is 100% fine. My issue stems from you coming to the forums claiming your trying to represent an argument on the behalf of the community then not get the general consensus of what people are telling you, then going back to the CC channel making extremely weak arguments then get pushed over by the first person that shatters your “argument”.

TL:DR if your going to play the role of a CC then understand how the game works, what cause and effect is, then accept there is people on this forum/game that know better then you do, and take their opinions in without getting offended – At this point, your just trolling.

3 Likes