WotLK is the start of retail

Wrath was the beginning of homogenization. Classes overlap. No shadow priest no problem. No shaman no problem. No boomkin no problem. It was the beginning of bring the player not the class. i.e. homogenization. Wrath put the pedal to the metal when it came to the direction of casual Retail

3 Likes

That didnā€™t answer the question, would you be fine if instead of new raids they just added affixes and stat tuning? And since now they apparently are working with old content too that should be totally cool right?

Disc priest were and still are one of the most unique healers. And that was cata.

Retail started with TBC, stop trying to play it off as Wrath being the start.

TBC was pretty removed from Vanilla with itā€™s changes.

1 Like

I think there is a limited amount of content that is expected. You get your 8 or so dungeons or at launch and one or two added about midway through usually. And you usually get 3-4 raids, and itā€™s pretty much been that way for every xpac since Vanilla (Iā€™ll give you shadowlands kinda under-delivered on the raiding side relative to recent expansions.)

M+ didnā€™t take away any content, itā€™s just MORE content. We still have normals. We still have heroics. But we also have M+ which scale infinitely and give people who really like doing 5 mans (or really donā€™t like raiding) a PVE objective to focus on.

So if redesigning old content gives us even MORE content in addition to what we usually get then sure Iā€™m all for it as long as itā€™s all balanced and done reasonably well.

This is true also - which is why iā€™m not crazy about TBC. But Wrath really ā€¦ uhm put the petal to the metal.

You still didnā€™t answer the question. If Mythic+ is an acceptable way to make launch dungeons last through an entire expansion why isnā€™t it for raids?

That old dungeons can now be mythic+'d applies equally to raids. What if they made an expansion with only one tier of raids but 3-4 tiers of new dungeons? I mean hey they always just add mythic+ to the raids and fill in old raids as timewalking.

Itā€™s not a real question lol. Launch dungeons HAVE ALWAYS LASTED through an entire expansion. I donā€™t remember us getting new dungeons every phase in vanilla, we certainly did for raids. The expectation isnā€™t the same.

WoW itā€™s WoWā€¦World of warcraft was the start of retail, as simple as that, it began with a product, a game, an expanded universe and it keep going growing and evolving. You are not the same compared with yourself of 12 years old; we evolve, we adapt. Look around you.

It is a very simple question.

If mythic+ is okay for dungeons why is it not okay for raids?

Its real simple bro. I donā€™t get why you donā€™t get it lol.

Itā€™s acceptable for M+ because prior to M+ we had nothing but the same boring dungeons with exactly the same mechanics throughout to run from phase 1 to the end of an expac.

Itā€™s not acceptable for raids because that would be a step down from the current system where we DO get new raids every phase and have since literally vanilla.

Iā€™m excited for wrath because the classes I play feel complete. Iā€™ll join a guild and do my weekly raids and find people to do arena with but this whole idea of community and how important it is for some people is bizarre to me. Iā€™m playing a game, not trying to socialize and make internet friends. I understand how important it is to some people but for me itā€™s just not my cup of tea, itā€™s game and should be treated as such.

1 Like

Except that generic affixes are not the same as new raids with actually new locations and actually new mechanics.

So once again why is that okay for dungeons but not okay for raids?

Also isnā€™t mythic raiding at an all time low percentage wise? The population has declined so much that there obviously arenā€™t as many mythic raiders as there were heroic raiders in wrath(since thatā€™s all mythic raiding is)

I dont think you get itā€¦ Peoples arenā€™t just concerned about the community because they play WOW in the hopes of making life-long friends they expect to share all their hopes and dreams for the future withā€¦ Itā€™s about reputation, for better or worse, actually mattering. Its rewarding to do a good job in a group and have people invite you back in the future because of it. And its nice to know that people who come in and ruin groups, or grief others, or are just generally jerks become branded as such and suffer some repercussions for itā€¦

But in a x-realm world with millions of players, none of that matters. You might as well be playing with NPCā€™s. Its a gameā€¦ but itā€™s also a multiplayer game. If you just wanna run around and kill target-dummies Iā€™m sure there are many many other games that do it better than Classic Wowā€¦

No cap I honestly feel like youā€™re high or something and I canā€™t continue this conversation lol. Youā€™re just going around in circles at this point.

But the game is an MMORPG. How can you find the need to socialize bizarre in a genre such as that?

Granted, the genre has been dying for quite some time now as is the traditional RPG as a whole.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t matter in a realm with thousands of players.

I assure you it most certainly does. Even on Bene it is rare that someone applies and no one in the guild has any experience with them unless its a new xfer.

Iā€™m still not sure why you think mythic+ dungeons is anything other than blizzard just being plain too lazy to add new dungeons each tier.

And oh yeah a complete steal of ideas from D2/D3ā€¦

LOL for a dungeon, why are you even checking?