WotLK is the start of retail

WotLK is the start of retail and it was the only successful iteration of retail, although expansions like Legion were close. Take the good QoL stuff from current retail like the retail AH, unlimited respecs, cross-realm grouping, cross-realm guilds, cross-realm raiding and put it into WotLK Classic. Communities are not a thing when there’s this many people and the content is just more casual than in vanilla and TBC.

By the time WotLK got to it’s prime, there were too many players to have or worry about communities. There’s just too many people for there to be communities… because Wrath is that popular. It’s time to take what works from retail and put it into WotLK Classic.

14 Likes

Wrath had dungeon finder though, and retail has something else now. So like, when people say dungeon finder is a retail feature, it’s like not true at all. It’s such a weird take.

34 Likes

Those aren’t good things, those are bad things. So you want to take a lot of bad things that ruin retail and use them to ruin WotLK? No thanks. We come here to get away from all the mistakes of retail.

11 Likes

These are all the things that solved all of the issues with queues and dead servers.

Those don’t exist anymore because the entire game is cross realm so you can play with anyone at any time.

But it’s not something classic players want so we will continue the cycle of full/dead servers.

14 Likes

How are they bad things? You can’t just say they’re bad without explaining, because not everyone agrees with you.

13 Likes

so can we get the new zeppelin/boat timers they are adding in Dragonflight?

https://ab.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/x8yq83/on_beta_they_added_little_time_counting_down/

Because they destroy community. I had considered it obvious enough to not need explaining, but I stand corrected. That’s why they’re bad, they work against community.

4 Likes

That looks great. Why not?

1 Like

Wrong. Cata was the start of retail, it was the first time classes were homogenized like all healers had magic dispel, and they gave warriors a stun to match other classes. It was also when subscriptions to the game steeply dropped off

12 Likes

There is and was no community in WotLK. Community goes away when you have a ton of people. Communities also go away when content is more casual friendly… because there’s less need to rely on others or a guild. The megaservers already have no community. So again, how are cross-realm technologies and unlimited queues bad things?

9 Likes

What I really find amusing, is that many of us were being sarcastic when we were asking for PvP queue from anywhere to be removed and were merely pointing out how stupid removing such a thing would be like they did with RDF, and then they went ahead and actually removed it too LOL.

8 Likes

You clearly did not play Wrath or you’re a Wrath baby because Wrath is far unlike the previous 2 versions of WoW. Cata is more like WotLK than WotLK is like TBC and vanilla.

4 Likes

The game is a lot more than a handful of megaservers. Just because community isn’t good on a handful of megaservers doesn’t mean that community doesn’t exist. You’re just looking in the wrong place.

There’s plenty of community on many other servers. Blizzard shouldn’t destroy that community to please a handful of sheeple on megaservers.

Wrong again, played vanilla through wrath and onward. Tbc is different than vanilla which is also different than wrath. You can’t compare cata to wrath just like you can’t compare wrath to tbc or vanilla.

9 Likes

Yeah blizzard has always balanced the game around Moonguard players, I agree.

LOL at this bizarre notion. Just completely wrong.

5 Likes

What you’re referring to is not community… they’re personal bonds people make with fellow players that they don’t want to break by transferring. Blizzard cannot make a community by separating players. Social ties and interactions are up to the players and Blizzard has never succeeded in forcing it their way. Even on these megaservers, players have relationships with each other. There will still be relationships with cross-realm functions.

2 Likes

Bro is trippin

2 Likes

Retail does have dungeon finder though?

Not even commenting on anything else, just an FYI.

I’m pretty sure they replaced it, or at least they did at max level or something. Idk, I havn’t played retail in like 4 or 5 expansions.

1 Like