WotLK is the start of retail

How is it wrong? Wrath is the start of casual content, flying before max level, dual spec, and RDF. All those things make WotLK more like Cata than TBC and vanilla. You keep making claims that you cannot back up.

3 Likes

LFD is not used for end game dungeon content though which is most likely what he is talking about. dungeons in wrath only have normal and heroic, while in retail we have normal, heroic, mythic, and mythic+. for both mythic and mythic+ you need to use LFG to manually form groups.

1 Like

I always found the obsession with “Community” to be a freakishly weird thing with The WoW classic community.

It’s like the classic andy’s great white whale. The “Community” they constantly wax on about how the “Community” was so much better back in the day.

We look at what Vanilla Classic and TBC classic has brought us? I don’t see community.

There is no way to enforce community, the player base clearly doesn’t seem to have the same mindset as these people trying to constantly drone on about “Muh community”

People build communities because they want to build communities, it’s not something you can force to happen.

The “Communities” you think were once “lost”
A) Probably never existed in the capacity you make them out to be
and
B) Will never exist in the capacity you seem to want them to.

If a community is going to exist, it’s going to exist whether or not things like cross server dungeon finder exists.

There are literally a half dozen MMOs that all have better communities than WoW will ever have, that all have QoL improvements that people deride as “Destroying Community”

These things aren’t destroying community, wow players are, because wow players have proven over and over again they do not care about community (At least as a whole, there are pockets of communities here and there, but most people do not interact with them, nor care about them)

16 Likes

No they just have (2) systems now, the Dungeon finder exists as well as the Group Finder interface. Group finder is for custom stuff and M+/maxlevel, dungeon finder is mostly used for leveling.

That sounds great actually. Yeah, doing heroics would be kind of out of the question on your main if you aren’t on a mega server, but heck, at least if they made it like retail we could level alts better.

4 Likes

Retail still has dungeon finder…

we’ve been chattin about it :wink:

Not sure I agree.

I can see why one would be inclined to argue WOTLK is the start of it all because of a feature like LFD that started cross realm play, but it’s not like WOTLK is an accurate representation of how retail is today.

There’s no one definitive point where Classic became retail, it’s all just small changes for the sake of convenience. After LFD we got LFR, then flex, at some point sharding, connected realms, etc.

One can still objectively observe that WotLK is the largest change from vanilla and TBC. Cata takes it further, but the big changes started with WotLK… and it’s not just LFD.

3 Likes

I just want xrealm RDF to be implemented as normal in patch 3.3.0, no need to skip out on that because “the community doesn’t want it” I call B.S. that the community doesn’t want it. I never got a vote.

7 Likes

Lol communities. Get real. That is what you farytale chasers are using now. Communities?

Get real. There are no communities and we dont need them. Join a guild if you want something like that. Or go play on a dead server.

3 Likes

No thank you

Nobody got a vote unless they played vanilla classic.

They didn’t ask again.

I’m sure all the folks on dead servers love their community especially when they have to spam looking for a tank for a long time.

4 Likes

I don’t think you really understand what “community” is. Try rolling on a non-mega server, you might be surprised what it’s like once you experience actual community.

Meanwhile, you are getting increasingly nonsensical and thus increasingly tiresome.

1 Like

The retail AH is a good thing. A great thing. I hope that gets brought to classic.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sure having to back up what you claim is tiresome… because you have no good reasons to back up what you claim. Grasping at straws, I can imagine, is tiresome.

I’ve experienced community on 1. small servers 2. RP-PVP servers like Emerald Dream and Grobbulus. Grobbulus is no longer special due to players not looking for the experience being directed to the server during the consolidation process. Small servers may have communities, but there’s a reason there’s only a few people, and it’s because most people want to find groups, raid spots, guild recruitment, arena partners, good AH activity, and so on. Community is less important than those things for most players.

3 Likes

I agree, I feel like cata completely fell flat after Wrath. in fact, cata was the only time I ever unsubbed. I really thought it was total half assed trash in comparison. U no longer needed a specific type of heal class or any class spec. I was upset when they gave holy paladins this stupid light of dawn and other heal specs who were aoe healers, got some strong single target etc. it felt completely watered down with all the spells, making none of the healers feel super strong in one area and no special reason for one in particular. really didn’t enjoy that. IN FACT, THE ONLY GOOD THING TO COME OF CATA WAS GUESS WHAT?!?! FLYING ON AZEROTH LOL. that is the only good thing.

3 Likes

This doesnt exist in retail btw.

It probably should. If connected-realms players can be in the same guild, why not cross-realm?

2 Likes