WOTLK Era Servers

I’ve made a couple of other posts about this earlier this year, but I really hope they make at least 1 WOTLK Era realm per region. I’m not here to be overdramatic or anything. But i have been waiting to hop back into wrath from Classic Era because if it’s moving onto Cata, then it will be a waste of my time because i will just be sticking with Era / the new seasonal server.

To the people that say that Era is dead, actually log onto Whitemane or Mankirk and you will see that it is very much alive. The reason why it died when TBC launched was because everyone thought it would die and so no one copied their characters. And as someone who never stopped playing Era, it started growing even before the hardcore scene really took off. Hardcore only grew the awareness even more.

As others have said we have examples of other servers that are WOTLK and they have been active for years.

One last thing, to people that say that this will fracture the audience too much, while i think this could happen if it gets too big, it will not be true with one WOTLK Era server added into the mix. A lot of people that I have talked to one any version of the game play at least one other version of the game as well. The same would be true here. You will log onto whatever version you want to on and given day, and make sure that your raid nights on different versions don’t conflict. It will be fine!

12 Likes

I don’t think it is fair to the community to not have dedicated Burning Crusade and Wrath servers. There are over 200 retail servers and over a dozen Classic Era for NA. Why should Classic era be the only version of the game that gets to be preserved while players who enjoy particular expansions like Wrath or BC are only allowed to play for 2 years before getting forcibly pushed into the next expansion without option.

4 Likes

Yes, let us split the already contested Classic community on so many different versions. Great idea.
Alternatively, for those who love original WoW, we have WoW Era/Season/Hardcore, and for the others we have Progressive Classic.

I like TBC’s end game uniquely, hence why I’d like the era server.

I don’t think even Era servers will matter though because one of the things they wanted to do with Cata Classic (when they were talking about it) was end game scale the raids from older expansions so you could play that as current tier and people will probably settle on that.

Basically Tier-12 Karazhan. Sure the gameplay mechanics won’t be the same, but you’ll be able to run them as current content.

2 Likes

When did they talk about that? Not at Blizzcon for sure.

Yes I want permanent wrath classic servers for sure.

3 Likes

Ah the leaked survey with some random ideas, I see. Would wait for anything official here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.