[WotLK Classic] Typhoon causing game client to bug out

More often than not eventually my game client will completely bug out, and cause my escape key to stop working. It will no longer open the game menu, and will also no longer close any other open menus like bags, or PvP menu, etc.

Also, my character will be unable to right click auto attack an enemy, and my cast bar will continue displaying on the screen until the cast finishes, even if I move to cancel the cast.

I’m confident it has something to do with Typhoon. I’ve seen other posts regarding this issue mentioning typhoon, and NOBODY that I’ve spoken to about it has the same issue, and none of them play druid.

8 Likes

I am having the same issue and it is definitely typhoon!

It is extremely annoying and a /reload does not fix the issue for me. The only thing that seems to work is relogging/hearthing (I think loading an instance is what fixes it).

Hopefully this will be fixed by launch.

1 Like

Copying this from another post in a different forum.

Typhoon has been broken since early beta. Currently, if it clips any terrain such as a wall or a hill, or is spammed, your next Typhoon cast will cause your client to bug out rendering your Escape key useless (for both bringing up the options menu and for exiting out of other menus) and also making your character unable to auto attack. Also makes it to where your cast bars will continue to completion even if canceled by movement, though no cast will go off.

The only way to fix it once it has broken is to either exit the client completely or zone in or out of an instance.

Bump for visibility

3 Likes

Bump for visibility.

1 Like

Bumping this as well; I’ve been suffering this problem since picking up Typhoon and have been ripping my hair out over what was causing it - thanks for the info. If only @Blizzard would at least comment on this.

Bump yet again. It’s not a minor inconvenience though not as bad as the strange target dropping bug others experience (and I have in the past) where your target drops and cast bar stops.

Being a problem for 15 years my guess is fixing it would allow boomkin swift flight form and invincibility. kappa

bump. this is crazy

This plagues me when questing, not being able to auto attack or close menus like quest dialogs easily is super annoying. Guess I’ll take typhoon off my bar for now… sigh

bump. fix blizz

Bump as well, this is a really obnoxious bug.

Bump! I’ve gotten used to it but its still really annoying having to relog when I mess up the Typhoon.

FIX THIS BLIZZARD CMON, WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR. wake up!!!

Still broken and no acknowledgement at all by the team. Absolutely pathetic

1 Like

bump for visibility. had no idea this is what has been causing it…

Bump. I’m seeing this too.

Bump, Yes this is happening for me, I wasn’t sure what it was until coming across this post.

I am also putting in my 2 cents here. This Typhoon bug is awful. I do not have cast animations, I can’t use the escape key… its kind of a big bug and I haven’t seen any blizz response from it.

Bump, Please fix this! Its a daily annoyance

same here, very tired of dealing with it, when typhoon gets interrupted by the animation of some sort.

Still an issue. :confused: The lack of acknowledgement that bugs have even been seen feels pretty bad.