[WOTLK CLASSIC] /equipset not working with spec modifier

/equipset [spec:1] FURY; [spec:2] PROT

This doesn’t work in WOTLK Classic. I got it from the Equipment Manager page on wowpedia.

/equipset [nomod] FURY; PROT

This does work. So equipset works, and it works with modifiers. But why does the “spec” modifier not work? Thanks!

3 Likes

The game doesn’t recognize “specs” in Wrath (and earlier versions) like it does later on. As you can spend your points freely between the trees, there’s just not a way for the game to detect it.

I don’t believe this is accurate. Here is a thread from 2009 (pre-cata) showing the [spec:n] conditional being used: mmo-champion[dot]com/threads/659189-is-there-a-Dual-Spec-Macro

And if [spec:n] conditional is no longer supported even though it was in original wrath, @blizzard what is the alternative?

I forgot about dual spec. (And when they added macro support for it.) With classic using the modern API, it might be causing issues. It’s probably a good idea to report it as a bug.

1 Like

May not be setuo to work with /equipset becauae gear sets didn’t exist back then iirc. Does it work for /cast?

Yes, confirming we should have it.

[spec] is a fair macro conditional.

/usetalents
/equipset
These commands should also work.

Bump. As a druid playing two different specs with complicated macros, this is a need.

spec modifiers were 100% in WOTLK. I also cannot get this modifier to work in any scenario.

EDIT: There is a temporary solution where capitalizing the S in “spec” seems to fix it, Have not heavily tested but according to this post it is caused from switching specs and may break each time you switch? (Dual Spec Macros aren't working)

EDIT2: Disregard, it seems to null that modifier and ignore specs completely.

1 Like

Thank you!!