WotLK Classic AV: why does ally get more honor than horde for wins?

Been spamming AVs for honor for Brutal gear on Classic WotLK. I check the board at the end of every match. I noticed that Ally get a lot more honor than horde when they win. Also, one match, the horde won, but most of the ally got more honor that the horde for the loss. Why is that? GYs/towers are being captured more?
Thanks.

edit: thanks for the replies. Its like a religion at this point. Trying to change people’s mind is impossible.

Because ally burn more towers before trying to kill Drek

1 Like

I brought this up on the WotlK forums that most ppl do AV wrong. Zerg isn’t good honor per hour and often leads to losses.

As to your point here is a picture of me nearly doubling Horde honor in the loss because of KB’s and Towers.
https://imgur.com/a/6MF2r6v

You get 42 honor per KB and 121 Honor per tower. So 3 KB’s = 1 Tower.

Now with this knowledge tell me how Zerging is good? If you get just 3 KBs it’s like you got a Tower!! It’s honestly just a waste of time to Zerg since back capping and towers will give you far more honor. You are actually rewarded in Wrath for PvPing.

Also keep in mind if you solo kill a player you get all the 42 honor. So since I play Prot War i get tons of solo KBs a game globaling ppl. As a Tank I just stay mid and back cap all BG and play D giving us the best chance to win and honor.

Here is my AV this morning where Horde got 100 honor in the loss. We back capped towers in a 9 min Win and PvP. I literally got 1k more honor than Horde in 9 mins.
https://imgur.com/a/E1n08mb

The big misconception I’m trying to kill is that Towers = Turtle. It doesn’t, it just equals a secure fast win against the Zerg while getting more honor. Since Horde often dedicates everything to the Zerg foolishly. So when we back cap they are stuck and have to come back and then it’s too late. They get pitiful honor and wasted their time with a failed strat.

1 Like

Abomb is right on target with this one. I’ve been getting TONS of honor just bouncing between Stonehearth and Icewing on my Rogue just re-capping and picking off defenders. It’s insane.

1 Like

Yea the key is to cap Stonehearth GY get those towers force Horde to come back. It’s a loss at that point for them and we get Towers and Honor farming them trying to take back towers.