WotLK arena pts

would just like to know if there’s any support for players on wotlk who recieved honor pts instead of arena pts before it was patched. thank you

Here is the latest information on that, Xojimmie:

6 Likes

Is it still being worked on? it was a day ago and there has been no other comments on it

They generally do not provide additional updates that they are still working on something. If it was stated it is being worked on and they are working on a fix, then that is the current state of being for that issue until otherwise updated.

7 Likes

thank you for your attention to this matter. as players we just need to be patient <3. overall you guys take a lot of criticism. but we’re all lucky to still be able to enjoy the game you provide. thanks for considering us and our cries for help

4 Likes

We understand that you’re aware… to be fair, Vrakthris, that is not information. Can you please at least update us, with the transparency you’d want in our situation.

I don’t really understand how that isn’t seen as an update. It acknowledges that we are aware of the situation and it not only states that we’re working on it but that the “fix” is intended to be that we award the missing Arena Points.

That is exactly the transparency I would hope for. I’m not exactly certain what you are looking for outside of an estimate on when such a resolution might be available, which there is simply no way of knowing.

8 Likes

Actions. And awareness that all this was said last season, to no result.

Just so that you’re aware - Vrak is a SFA. He is not a Dev, so he is not one of the team that is working on the issue. The Devs are giving him the information to pass along here when there is information to be had. So beyond sharing that information, there really aren’t any actions that he is going to be able to offer? And the Devs who are working on the issue - they’re not the most talkative. A massive point of contention for pretty much everyone who comes to these forums. But they’re busy working on this issue and many others, which personally I would rather see them doing that hovering over the forums and posting a “still working…still working…still working” every fifteen minutes.

So if you want to voice your discontent in how this all was handled, you have a few options. The PvP forums or Wrath Classic General Discussion would be the two ideal forums where data and feedback is collected. Since this forum is primarily one for players to assist other players - no data or feedback is collected here. It’s not really a contact point for the staff either, even though our SFAs like Vrak and Orlyia do their best to pop in when and where they can to help let folks know when things like this pop up. The Devs, they don’t come here.

You can also submit your feedback through the in-game suggestion and feedback tool.

5 Likes

No, simply just asking for this many words, this much effort in context, but towards information that is more expansive than “We’re aware and the fix is coming” after clearly saying in my last response that the same thing happened last season, with the same communication, to no result.

This is a repeat issue, this is something that is the opposite of what was communicated. The feedback has been submitted; tickets have been unanswered. The only time a response comes, is when it’s in defense of someone who isn’t the player.

We deserve more than this.
Some of the communities have paid in subscriptions alone, above 10 thousand dollars in total at this stage of the near 20 years, and we are still talked to as if we aren’t the people funding absolutely every venture that makes ridiculous amounts of profit.

I’ve asked for arena points I earned, and an update. I’ve received neither.
Once again, we know you’re aware and working on it, as we did last season when the exact same process occurred. No arena points were awarded after your awareness or efforts then.

Defend your players.

This is not a forum for feedback, that has been explained. Any complaints here go into the void. The post above provides an avenue for feedback. Use it or not. But complaining here will get you exactly nowhere.

4 Likes

Just because it “happened last season” doesn’t mean it has the same cause. In fact, it generally points to a different cause as the last one was patched. You aren’t going to get any more information than “We are aware of it and are working on it.” You don’t actually need any more information than that.

No you don’t. How much money you or any other player has paid is irrelevant. It doesn’t spontaneously produce a fix. As it most likely is not the exact same issue as last time, the solution may be harder to find.

The Devs have not approved manual awarding of the arena points. Manual fixes can result in broken characters and a much longer fix. As well, a GM could manually give the points to you and the system could take them away again.

Your update is that they are still working on it. It’s possible Blizzard could give notice when they have a patch fix that will be going live during the next maintenance. Or you could find out after it is done in the Hotfix blog.

4 Likes

You’ve proven my point. Thank you.

All your post did was say you feel entitled to something because you’ve paid for Blizzard products for years. The fact is that it doesn’t entitle you to anything more than someone who just started playing the game.

As players, none of us know what they have to do to fix this. None of us are in the position of saying how long it’s going to take to fix it.

5 Likes

You flag posts that you disagree with. You don’t realize that I mentioned.
“This is a repeat issue, this is something that is the opposite of what was communicated. The feedback has been submitted; tickets have been unanswered. The only time a response comes, is when it’s in defense of someone who isn’t the player.”

You proved my point.
I don’t want to speak to you ever again if that’s possible, please make it so. You can flag this like you flagged my last posts, instead of replying if you’d like. I must advise you, that everything I mentioned prior and post to your rebuttal, is referenceable. You did prove me right. You only showed effort towards drama rather than expanding on facts that matter. Nothing you said helped or provided useful information that wasn’t already spoken on and asked to be furthered. Everything I said made awareness to the arena points and gave reasons why they matter.
I don’t care about your opinion; we are talking fact.
You had to break up context to make yours relevant.
You hide behind your gnome, I will post on my character that has relevance to the discussion.

I never said I was entitled to anything, you assumed that through words you read and placed your own context on.
I mentioned why it isn’t enough information, I mentioned why we should be considered to more. I asked.
I don’t want to respond to you anymore.

I’d recommend against trolling here Genevable. We don’t play the “Post on your main” game here.

You’ve been given all the necessary info that Blizz CS can provide. Despite you not being happy with the reply, it doesn’t change that it’s a proper reply for this situation until such time that the issue is resolved.

7 Likes

Some people do, yes. Some may believe that your aggression is trolling, or that your feedback is in the wrong place and think the thread/post should be moved. That is entirely their right and a moderator can review their report to see if they agree. Assuming I don’t moderate the thread myself first, which is what I am going to do here.

That said, you are making an assumption that Perl is the one that made the report, which they did not. In fact, no one who has posted in the thread has reported any of the posts in it.

Not really. Most people do that when they are answering various points within a broader post. Like I am now.

What character you post on is irrelevant. The folks posting here generally post on the same character and that does not diminish what input they may have.

Then do not. You aren’t forced to reply to anyone, in fact you can place other users on ignore if you wish.

Now… An update will likely be posted in the original thread that I quoted, but if I hear something I’ll provide an update here.

Unfortunately, as this thread has seemingly become about feedback, I’m going to lock it.

12 Likes