Worst pre-expansion event ever?

This is the most alt unfriendly event I think they have ever made. Each boss only spawns a single time per window, which is a horrible design decision. The gap between zones is FAR too long, and even when it goes down to 30 minutes it will still be too long. This barely qualifies as an event, this is just horrendous.

295 Likes

I mean… some events were literally " here is a tabard"

33 Likes

I got there 10 minutes late boss was already dead… pretty lame idk why i gotta wait 1 hour now : (

38 Likes

I hope its hotfixed AF by the time I get home today.

10 Likes

this event is: here’s a tabard
it costs 20000 radiant memories
you get 1-2 per regular mob 5-8 from elites or big mobs

68 Likes

Simple fix is to just make them spawn every 30 mins instead of waiting weeks to reduce the time between them.

There is zero reason for them to have it as long as it is right now.

61 Likes

I was able to get the boss in Dustwallow Marsh, it lasted 15 seconds from start to finish, if that, so have steady flight off and skyriding on during these events or you’ll miss out likely.

7 Likes

the tbc prepatch with a heres a tab was the greatest event. so many people were helping each other get the tabard. i stuck around for a extra hour after i got my kills for it to help people get tags for it

15 Likes

Missing out on the boss if you are not there within 5 min of start does feel bad.

39 Likes

Are any mobs dropping armor or weapons?

Bosses only spawning once is stupid!!!

30 Likes

just the boss so far as i can tell

2 Likes

Nothing will be worse than the MoP Pre-Patch. Hot Air Balloons randomly showed up in Org and SW, the prototype scenario intended to display the bombing of Theramore felt half baked of a half baked product, etc.

Short quest, some random ***** in game cutscene where a zeplin slowly and unmenacingly flies over Theramore and badvoiceacting goblin saying “WeRE goNNa TuRN thIS pLaCE iNto a SinK HolE HEehEehee”

0 hype for MoP. It ended up being a top 3 expansion, but absolutely awful intro.

WoD Pre-patch was also an utter failure.

10 Likes

Wrath hqd the best prepatch. Getting infected and going around killing low levels

40 Likes

Legion was pretty great for alts.

42 Likes

Is the boss about the same as a w-boss? So it will take some effort and everyone will at least be able to get a single hit in? :frowning:

If you are there in the zone - sure.

But if you aren’t in zone within a few minutes of the event starting, you are going to miss it.

2 Likes

Hope you have a druid moonkin to spam a cheap instant tag… Feel sorry for those who don’t have a quick way to tag.

7 Likes

I do question the decision to only allow one spawn per event window. It makes no sense. If the event is going to be going on in that particular zone for a set amount of time, it should reset after a minute or two tops.

27 Likes

War of Thorns existed, so no, it’s not the worst. But it’s definitely down there right now.

2 Likes