Worst Customer Service I have ever received from GM

Just recently, I transferred servers on my character. When I transferred, I lost all of my Mythic plus progress for the week and for the season. Because of this I opened a ticket explaining what happened to Blizzard, expecting to get an in game response from GM like usual when I have issues with this game. Just like I always had in the past. Instead, I get a pre - written response that just explains things that won’t transfer with your character. None of which being mythic plus progress. The GM was completely ignorant of my problem and had no care of fixing it considering I received the ticket response while online, and it was in the form of a ticket not a whisper. This is a new low for my personal experience with Blizzard customer service in-game especially. Just thought I would share this story with you guys because it really shows how little they care, even after I paid $25 for a transfer. Still, all of my mythic plus progress for this season has been erased and there are no signs of the problem being fixed from Blizzard so far. Hopefully, this will get my problem fixed.

It will not.

As far as I’m aware, this issue is a bug that’s been hard to track down, and has been for some time. We’ve always advised waiting for reset before transferring, because there’s no guarantee that your progress will be saved, and a game master does not have the ability to help if you do.

It isn’t that they don’t care. The GM simply cannot do what you want them to do.

12 Likes

Game Masters used to contact in-game whenever they had a ticket and players were online. As far as I’m aware of, though, this hasn’t been a thing for years - it helps cut down on ticket answering times so that you can get your ticket in as quick a time as possible and not have to wait days for an answer.

That doesn’t mean it wasn’t understood, either. All ticket responses I’ve gotten while online still demonstrated knowledge of my situation.

5 Likes

Hey there Savith,

I can understand the desire to speak with a Game Master directly however this is not always something we’ll be able to offer nor is it always necessary. We have a lot of players looking for assistance and often that assistance can be provided without the need to chat. This allows our Game Masters to resolve tickets more quickly so that those with issues do not have to wait as long to be helped.

In some cases, Game Masters are not able to assist directly and may point you elsewhere. This is often the case with Bug Reports. I am sorry if the response you received wasn’t exactly what you were looking for, and you can provide your feedback directly by filling out the survey when your ticket is closed (available from your case history page), but it does look like you were provided direction on how to submit a bug report.

5 Likes

As far as I can remember, and I’m OSV. GMs will make contact if it’s called for. If the problem doesn’t call for a direct GM interaction then you will not talk to one.

4 Likes

I know losing your progress sucks and I am sorry thst happened.

On the bright side your progress would have been wiped anyway as season 2 is about to start.

I know it is not what you want tk hear, but it is a silver lining.

1 Like

This is what im talking about, you guys are not even trying to fix the problem and are just telling me to file a bug report.

GMs are not developers. They can’t go in and fix the code for a bug. The QA team monitors the Bug Report forums (and in-game bug report feature) and work with development to fix bugs.

9 Likes

For sure its about to be whiped away, but I lost my raider IO too which makes it almost impossible for me to get into groups…

That’s really more of an addon issue. Blizz doesn’t support addons nor can they really do anything about RaiderIO not finding your new character (new to the server they were transferred to) and updating their addon.

Yes, we’ve seen this happen with other transfers, but there’s really nothing that can be done about it unfortunately.

7 Likes

its not an addon issue bc the addon tracks your mythic plus progress from in game… do you even do mythic + or know what your talking about?

That’s a player issue. Your fellow players set that requirement, not Blizzard. Nowhere have seen from Blizzard saying you must have “this much” IO score to run.

5 Likes

This forums toxic.

The issue you’re reporting is not one that any Game Master can fix for you Savith. That’s why they suggested that you submit a bug report and why your fellow players are suggesting that you do so as well. This isn’t toxic, it’s just the best course of action for you.

We’re not able to change the perception of other dungeon runners. So while I understand the impact this is having due to the information missing from the addons/tracking sites being used, it’s not really something we are going to be able to intervene in either.

Hopefully you’ll be able to explain your situation to those you’re attempting to form groups with and they’ll understand - or form your own groups where you can lay out the reason for your current lack of history. Communicating with your fellow players may go a long way in helping form groups for this content.

To prevent this discussion from degrading further, I’m going to go ahead and lock the thread. Sorry again for the issues you encountered Savith.

8 Likes