World/Server First!

You’re totally right, I forgot to mention that not only will there be no world firsts, because these have already been achieved and there have been NO changes made to the content other than perhaps making it EASIER e.g. extra rebuffs, BUT, you’re right, progression will be quicker because people have already done it before and those going for hollow world first, probably have fifteen years of WoW experience. Couldn’t be more of an empty ‘achievement.’ No different to bragging you were the world first to complete FFX remastered even though it’s just FFX.

Wrong. Classic is not even out yet, so world firsts in Classic have not been achieved.

Whatever makes you feel better about it, I guess. The world first race in Classic will be a big deal.

If anything, the fact it’s faster and/or easier as you might suggest will make it all the more interesting. Instead of two or three guilds competing, it could be hundreds.

That’s a singleplayer game, isn’t it? Not quite the same as 40 people coordinating to compete against hundreds of thousands of other players to be the first to beat a single boss.

It’s a lot harder to document world firsts in singleplayer games.

1 Like

It will not be cleared in 7 days. 9 or 10 maybe but to think anyone can get 30+ people to 55+ in 5 days while competing against thousands for the same resources/quests is just blind ignorance.

It’s going to be hard to beat Method. They are currently in the now closed beta tell launch. So they can practice the last 20 levels. You know they are getting organized and many people will help. Not just the 40 that’s going to be killing Rag week one.

Since they get the real game to test. They will know how much FR is needed and how much pre BIS gear they will need.

Sorry private server heroes. Method is ready going to take your spotlight on week one world clear of Classic WoW.

It doesn’t matter if ‘Classic’ hasn’t officially launched, it’s a RECREATION of 1.12 which, if memory serves, has already been completed. The fact that the guilds bragging they’ll be ‘first’ have closed beta access until launch and are effectively Blizzard testers makes it all the more hollow.

2 Likes

It does, because “world first” in this context is short for “world first in Classic.”

The beta that was shut down recently was a closed beta:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/closed-beta-shutting-down-today/223777?u=ohshiftson-area-52

Do you even know who Method are? Educate yourself. World first in Classic isn’t world first. Hint, 1.12 content has already been completed thousands of times. It ceases to be an achievement when it’s been done to literal death. The only first anyone is going to achieve is perhaps 10,000,001st to get x empty achievement.

You know you’re in for a laugh when someone tells you to educate yourself.

Yes, I know what Method is. I’m not sure what that has to do with anything I said, though. The beta was closed down.

Think about that for a moment.

Good thing Classic isn’t running 1.12, it’s running 1.13.

Whatever makes you feel better.

That doesn’t change the objective fact there will be people who will be the first ones in the world to kill bosses in Classic, i.e. “world first.”

1 Like

If you don’t realise that Method will be testing the remaining content, that they already completed in Vanilla, then you’re as naive as you are to think that killing Rag for the 10,000,001st time in 1.12 is actually a world first. It’s sad.

When wow 9.0 comes out. Do I get world first for killing rag 2 min into the expansion.

You’re the ONLY person on here trying to make himself feel better by trying to justify some empty achievement of completing fifteen year old already completed content. I plan to take my sweet time. Makes no odds me, I’m just pointing out that you’re not first if you’re actually the 10m in line.

If you don’t realise that Method will be testing the remaining content for Blizzard, that they have ALREADY completed in Vanilla, then you’re as naive as you are to think that killing Rag for the 10,000,001st time in 1.12 is actually a world first. It’s sad.

On the closed beta that was shut down recently? No, they won’t be.

Vanilla is not Classic.

It’s not 1.12, it’s 1.13; a recreation of 1.12 on a modern client, in a new game.

There will be people, regardless of how you feel about it, who will be the first to kill bosses in Classic.

No matter how many times you say there won’t be a world first, you’re always going to be objectively wrong.

No, because it’s the same game.

The content has not been completed, since Classic isn’t even out yet. But whatever makes you feel better.

1 Like

Method has always had access to act as internal testers for Blizzard. They will be the ones testing the remaining content before release on behalf of Blizzard. It’s always been that way. Ignorant.

You can say that till you’re blue in the face mate, 1.12 has been and gone, it’s an authentic recreation, nothing new, raids aren’t getting altered, it’s the same content, it’s been done before, ergo it’s not first, no matter how much you sugar coat and delude yourself.

Cool. Always, huh? Got a source on that?

And Classic is a different game running a different patch.

Objectively false on all counts.

It’s not an authentic recreation, given the numerous changes made to it. There are plenty new things in Classic that did not exist in vanilla (and don’t even exist in retail yet). The raids have been altered, because the world firsts in vanilla were not done in 1.12 (not to mention the itemization and class changes made).

But not in Classic.

“World first” in this context is short for “world first in Classic.”

Why does it seem to bother you so much that people will be getting world firsts in Classic?

1 Like

Any time there is a bug fix the game changes, so I can claim a world first? That’s stupid…

I agree that week 1 mc has value, world first though…

Nope. Learn to read.

Being the first in the world to kill a boss in Classic doesn’t mean you were the first to kill that boss in retail.

A patch, expansion, change, etc, to retail, does not reset the progress in retail.

1 Like

I’m not a teacher and I’m not being paid to educate people. Do your own research. All you’re doing is making yourself look ignorant. Enjoy your world ten million and first Naxx completion.

Ok. So, every time a riad gets “Altered” there should be a new race to world first?
Is that what you are saying?

Code for “I pulled that crap outta my butt and I’ve got no proof.”

No. Learn to read.

1 Like

He wouldn’t say that, as it would undermine his entire argument xD. OMG WORLD FIRST POST NERF X BOSS.