World/Server First!

Anyone going for world first, or top 10 firsts? I know most have “more important things to do” or “don’t have the time”. Looking to see who is actually going to try.

Method says they’ll have Rag down in a week.

I mean if they can stay up 128 hours straight for level 60 alone.

Then, within 3 days, have max profs on everyone.

Then, within 3 days, have everyone geared properly and the reps for 40 people.

• Quack.
4 Likes

Oh, should have specified. Level 60 firsts, either world or server. I have no chance at raid firsts, so not interested or even think about those.

1 Like

Im pushing for ‘World First lvl 60 Troll Priest Named Soljin’

22 Likes

That’s about 6 hours a night. Not totally unreasonable.

I am going for world server first, last 60 ever.

4 Likes

Ehm…

I don’t think you understand my meaning.

The 120 hours is minimum played time for the fastest 60 that i know of.

Shouldn’t’ve said 128. 4 days, 20 hours. Of /played.

That means 120 hours just in one week to get to 60 for 40 people. If we’re seeing absolute minimum time played for all of them, that’s 17 hours a night or more.

3 Likes

People have been able to do it a bit faster. :slight_smile:

Currently on beta folks are hitting level 40 with 35 or 40 hours across multiple classes. So if they’re able to hit level 60 within 96 hours. Then that’s only 4 days.

Wait, my math was messed up. 96 hours is four days. I concede that. I’m just waking up. Regardless, it’d be 116 hours. The reason I’m saying that it’s going to take that long is, the fastest people on p-servers can only achieve this within that spectrum.

Even with hitting 60 in 96 hours - you’re still playing 13 hours/day - almost 14.

That’s not including professions, competition with professions, etc.

" Home of Joana’s Vanilla /Classic WoW speedruns and speed leveling guides. … World Record fastest time through Vanilla WoW 1-60 in 4 days 20 hours."

And that guide is as old as original Classic.

1 Like

I think most of these guys are going to play for 35 hours straight since release and get to level 40. So they’re most likely skipping sleep for one day.

Congrats. They’ll have 81 more hours after that. Not including competition, nor other people following the guides.

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s likely, I don’t think it’s likely. I’m just saying it’s possible and won’t be surprised if they or someone else does it. There are a lot of crazy people who will attempt it.

Others may account share as well.

Someone is going to try to do it and they might accomplish it.

Layering renders this race irrelevant. It boils down to who can exploit layer hopping the best.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the concept.

/played time is actual time spent on your account.

That means, if they want to hit 60 within 4 days and 20 hours, they have to stay up 4 days and 20 hours. For the MINIMUM time - the world record time. For 40 people, assuming they all hit within the same time.

THEN. They have to get the pre-raid gear. THEN. They have to level profs from 1-300. THEN. They need to get fire resist gear. THEN. They need to get reputation for the raid.

4 Likes

No I understand the concept. I’m saying folks are able to get to level 40 with 35 hours /played. That 4 day 20 hour time will be beaten.

Only the tank needs fire resist. And you don’t need pre-raid gear, you can do it in greens. I went to MC in Vanilla with greens on my character at level 58. Still beat the bosses and we were way less skilled then Method.

Judging by your current character, you might have to settle for World Second. That’s a bummer.

2 Likes

… I really don’t think you get this.

Okay, so. Here is the best way to describe it.

1-40. Is not even half of the leveling experience. Congrats, they can get it in 35 hours. So can anyone else.

60, minimum time, world record time, even for p-servers, is 4 days, 20 hours.

You have THOUSANDS of people who had been pushing the leveling system to its furthest extreme for YEARS, yet, cannot break this magic number.

Yet, suddenly, these guys are going to beat it en-masse with 40 people?

Excuse me if I’m skeptical.

And congrats, that sounds like you were being carried.

6 Likes

There have been folks on p-servers who have gotten to sixty in under 4 days 20 hours. That isn’t going to be the world record anymore. Even Joana said it won’t be the world record.

The fastest time I found was 4 days and 13 hours.

And they used an exploit on a p-server.

4 days, 3 hours, hunter is another I’m seeing.

Either way, minimum 4 days. And I guarantee you, not everyone is going to be playing a Hunter.

Try leveling a warrior through Classic - they’re extremely gear dependent. The tanks are going to be suffering to level.

Try leveling a priest through Classic - even if you’re Shadow - it’s going to be painful and teeth-pulling until Shadowform.

The only classes that can compete for world records are Hunters and Warlocks.

I mean, if they’ve somehow gotten a Warlock or Hunter to tank effectively and a Hunter or Warlock healer…

2 Likes

That wouldn’t work either. Joana slept 5 hours/night which gave rested state each day. So trying to stay up for 4 days 20 hours would mean your rate of exp gain would go down and it would take longer.

1 Like