World quests not showing on map

don’t know why, but world quests are’nt showing on this toon’s map. i can still get the world-quests, but it won’t show on my map…

There should be a magnifying glass on the world map, you can set this to show various quests, you probably have this unchecked for some reason.

6 Likes

If you open up your map and click on the magnifying glass, are the options under World Quest Rewards checked?

If that doesn’t work, you may need to try resetting your User Interface.

6 Likes

:open_mouth: oh dang! thank you, THANK YOU!! both of you! i was REALLY in a bind there… could’nt for the life of me figure it out… have no clue how those got turned off… thanks again! :smiley:

4 Likes

I see that you found an answer. I came across your query when I was having similar problems, but the answer is different. Unlike in other expansions, you do not get access to world quests simply by hitting a level cap. There is a faction based rep requirement to unlock them. The biggest complaint I have heard over the years was the ridiculous requirement that all alts must get rep on their own. This is one of the reasons for those complaints. Love the game after all these years, but the rep grinds are a needless time sink once you have already gotten to exalted on an alt if the same faction.

1 Like

It really depends on what reward you are looking for that is rewarded by the particular reputations. If there is nothing you gain on an alt, then there really is no need to do it. Almost anything you could buy, besides armor or recipes, are already account bound. And now essences can be bought by vendor, so if it is some of the rank 3 essences you are grinding for, there is an alternative in game already, once you have earned an essence of at least rank 3 on another character.

You probably won’t find account wide reputation at any point, but I would suggest finding a newer topic in the General forum, or by using the submit suggestion button with in the game help menu. In the future please be mindful of the date of the last post and the original question. Your conjecture about world quest and rep grinding is not really what the topic was originally about.

1 Like

It should be noted that even though the game invites players to Shadowlands at level 48, you can’t see world quests until level 50. Players who are 48 or 49 may get confused by these instructions since they really don’t apply to them.

1 Like

Considering the post you’re replying to existed before Shadowlands launched, I think it’s safe to say it isn’t applicable in this instance.

This is why we’re always stressing the creation of a new thread if even a few days have passed since the previous thread (this one is now almost two years old).

8 Likes

Except what I said was not an effort to go anywhere new. I simply provided corrected information. Someone reading this thread may have been confused just as I was. Now they won’t. Neither will they have to go to the effort of resetting their user interface, reloading all their add-ons, and figuring out all the many settings that got trashed in the process.

Minor nitpick: you provided updated information, which would have been better suited for a new thread with new context. The information provided was correct at the time that it was provided, which makes it rather irrelevant for a situation two years later.

4 Likes

Which is not really needed in a thread started almost two years ago.

Perhaps, if they didn’t read the date.

That…is not how a full UI reset works, especially if you follow the Blizzard-provided instructions here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

Asking for a Full UI reset is the first step of any troubleshooting process, much like the initial question of “Is the computer plugged in?” and “Is the monitor turned on?”

6 Likes