World Quest "Dirty Job: Demolition Detail" is bugged

Two months and this quest is still bugged, why is it so hard to fix it?

1 Like

just remove the damn quest if you can not fix it, it gives anima normally, and somehow i seem to be low on anima always

2 Likes

This bug where you can’t pick up the dredger also extends to the other ‘dirty job’ quests (today’s one is wood work). I’ve had this issue on multiple characters since day one, and it’s still not fixed.

The dredgers fail to give the extra action button most of the time, but if you persist it might work randomly. Not sure if it’s worth the time investment with the bug, though.

1 Like

Yes, the issue still persists. I contact support and the reply I got was it should work and to only use the right click and not disable my addons, but to remove all of them completely from the World of Warcraft folders. Along with the common script response of doing other things.

Doesn’t matter which toon I try on, none of them are able to pick up a dredger.

(And of course, now these WQ’s won’t show up, so testing things is impossible until they do again)

I just did the pre-quest to do the dirty job wq’s and then did a reload and left the area and came back and i cant get the dredgers to move. when i did the quest chain i had zero issues with moving him. once it was a world quest it would channel he would change colors and that was it. he would not follow or get picked up. i actually did a ticket for this glitch and i was basically ignored. so blizzard knows about this issue they just choose to not put resources into fixing it. just ignore this wq it will not be fixed any time soon all it will do it give you stress.

Quest is still bugged for me as well.

Still bugged for me. I finally got the wq done but it was a tedious marathon effort of clicking dredgers until they would finally pick up instead of splitting into green and blue, with the green dredger fading out after a bit.

Quest is still bugged after all these months, anything being done to fix it?

January 28, 2020

Still bugged for me. But I saw another player picking up dredgers no problem. Why is that?

Are you picking up a dredger from the muck pool?

Are you picking it back up from the demolition site after completing?

Don’t use abilities or you will drop him prematurely and if he’s not close to a site he doesn’t do any demolishing

I ask because every time it’s up it works fine for me.

Works even quicker when there’s loads of people around because the demo sites have a health bar and more dredgers means it gets broken quicker

3 Likes

It’s also a possibility that it could be an addon causing the issue some are having with this WQ. I have yet to have any issues with either of the Dirty Job world quests.

2 Likes

I thought that too, until I disabled all my addons and still got the same issue, so.

Disabling addons will not remove a corrupted setting if you have one. Only a full UI reset will fix that.

I just did this. It did not help. Thanks for trying, though.

video of No Work: https://youtu.be/H6EYeMTTw7g

Hey look! It’s a month later. Quest still doesn’t work.

Ok, finally got this to work. Hopefully this will help others.

First
 make sure you only left click the dredger. Right click does not work on these to pick them up.

Next
 make sure that your entire World of Warcraft folder has no ‘Read Only’ files. You can right click on the World of Warcraft folder, go to properties and uncheck the ‘Read Only’ checkmark. Hit ok, then hit ok again.

Finally, if you still cannot pick them up, then you can check your Security settings for the World of Warcraft folder. Same thing, right click the folder and go to Properties. In here, there will be a security tab. I chose to edit the permissions and made sure all users were set to full access. After this, run a Scan and Repair from the launcher. This will then pick up any files the game may not have been able to update.

Side Note, I do not take any responsibility for any side effects or if any problems occur. This is what I did and the WQ is now working for me. I did not remove any addons.

1 Like

I got it to work.

1st, Heres what DID NOT work.

Reseting the interface by deleting the Cache WTF and Interface folders, did not work.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, did not work.

Heres what I think it was, Hope this helps:

I live in the middle of nowhere and HAD satelitte internet, which, was “ok”, for a few years. I would get 25mbps down and like 1-3 up. It was sufficient to play WOW, HS and watch Netflix and surf the web.

WELL, ironically, uninstalling and reinstalling WOW cost me 50gb of my data, I went over, I got mad and I quit the satellite company and got 4g Wireless internet.

Well, my new internet gives my 30-45 mbps down and like 15-25 up ( I know, up and down arent usually that close, but it is)

Now, I can do every formerly bugged WQ, including Dredgers.

I personally think it’s an issue with upload speeds.

GL

3 Likes

Well, I have 100Mbps download and 50Mbps upload and have the issue, so, the upload isn’t the problem.
Also, I play with 150~250ms because Blizzard refuses to set a server in Brazil.
My internet isn’t the problem.

1 Like

The designers for Dirty Job: Demolition Detail and That Darn Fox should be fired. I can offer no advice considering I have tried everything listed here and more.

1 Like

This quest is still bugged, as are the other dirty job worldquests in revendreth. Cannot complete them on any of my characters. I have tried all of the advice listed and it still doesn’t do anything. Blizz, how can you not have fixed this yet? It’s been months since launch?

1 Like