World PVP is not fun

I’ve been doing world PvP in practice for phase 2 release on thursday and let me just say this: WORLD PVP IS NOT FUN.

If you think you are going to be having epic world PVP battles you are delusional. FOR EVERY 1 ALLIANCE THERE ARE 3 HORDE. Small scale doesn’t work, large scale doesn’t work. You can have one good battle but when they call for reinforcement it’s OVER just pack it up and leave. Vice versa for the servers that have more alliance than horde.

This is NOT fun, I was lied to and given this illusion of epic world pvp battles when really its just maybe one fun fight and then getting camped for the next 45 minutes by triple the amount of opposing faction until eventually my raid gets frustrated and leaves. BLIZZARD please listen and either do faction specific server transfers OR release battlegrounds because PVP is garbage when it’s this unbalanced…

12 Likes

I wonder if that’s just because Horde are friendly people who help each other out, and Alliance are weakling cowards who run and hide…

22 Likes

my experience has been 1 alli lvl 60 bombin on 3 lvl 20ish hordes lol

5 Likes

It’s probably just the faction balance on your server. My server seems very balanced. There are a lot of great wpvp encounters.

1 Like

Ever think about rerolling?

Well, it may not be for you. In which case, it’s going to suck. I’ve met plenty of people who love wpvp, even over bgs.

It’s going to suck for a lot of people. And, we will prob see an increase in pve server populations.

1 Like

Kick their behinds and leave. Had a rogue jump me today-left him face down and then left giving him no chance to bring friends and even the score. That’s what you do when your outnumbered-hit and run.

4 Likes

yup, had a skull shoot me in the back today, ran back rezzed, feared him into a group of furbogs, dead! Then i hearthed! hehehe owned!

6 Likes

Server imbalance?

Who could have seen THAT coming?

3 Likes

Imagine thinking Horde help each other out in WPvP. lol

4 Likes

More like Horde are weak cowards who leave you alone until another Horde member comes along. The number of times I’ve allowed a Horde player that was alone to live only for him to have a fellow Horde player come along and they both kill me is insane. So want to talk about cowards? Your faction has just as many. Not to mention the number of UD/Orc rogues that camp BRM like it’s their life.

Yeah, don’t ever think your faction is high and mighty above the other. There’s just as many examples of bad ones on your own faction.

17 Likes

It’s about a 50/50 split for both factions. I’ve been ganked and had other Alliance ignore as if nothing is happening. And at others they’ve saved me from a death. It’s more imagine a non-cowardly WoW player…they feel rare at times. :sob:

1 Like

Maybe not pserver players, but yeah, historically, Horde are quite helpful. It’s a great faction to be.

2 Likes

Nope. Even as someone who leveled a bit slower, getting anyone to help with PvP is a PITA.

2 Likes

Historically? Want to start with actual stats or just mention more made up ones.

Both factions have been very helpful at times. I helped a Tuaren warrior in Felwood with a satyr kill quest last night. I’m on a pvp server. Could be a total jerk and kill the guy, but he was deep in the cave. We were both on different quests. I gave him a hand and we parted ways.

PvP seems to be based on mood. Pissed off at the world? Everything dies. Mellowed out? Just quest and grind…who cares about that lowbie.

3 Likes

Well, to be fair, I haven’t had any situations on Classic where I’ve asked for help, so I don’t yet have anything to go by, and it has been quite a few years since I’ve typed in a general defense channel requesting backup on Retail, so…

We’ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

Goes both ways really. My server, Deviate Delight is one of the only Ally dominated PvP realms.

Just this morning I decided to do some quests in Felwood while I drank my coffee. Some 60 rogue opened on me and killed me while fighting mobs. I waited a few minutes to activate my SS and turned out he was standing there the whole time just to open on me when I popped it.

No problem, I just corpse ran and logged out. I have plenty of things to do, not gonna be at the mercy of some kid who wants nothing more to ruin my play time. And of course I gank every Ally I’m able to because of this type of crap.

2 Likes

That’s because you’re still in friendly areas. Once you get into say, Hillsbrad Foothills or Arathi Basin, you’ll have reasons to see if anyone wants to help drive off the alliance that are camping you or your mobs.

After having gone through 2 days of forced fel cloth farming for my robe of the void, I have to say that world pvp is a joke. 99% of it is ganking and taking such a ridiculous advantage you can’t lose. Although 1v1 does have some good matchups trying to get raid v raid pvp in open world doesnt work because of the corpse camping and respawn timers.

I’ll give an example of some bad world pvp : the horde raided SW and got wiped in IF and I had to spend 15 minutes finding a spot away from the graveyard to safely hearth. Seriously annoying stuff, but everything leading up to it was worth it.

Basically, I’m just saying enjoy world pvp and raids while you can because as fickle as they are they are a unique game experience that won’t be as prevalent in later phases. Get used to the fact that world pvp is completely meaningless until WPL towers/AQ are released.

Also I can not wait to see the complete clusterbunch that will be the release of phase 2.

2 Likes

LOL I sort of put up with it. In my experience on Earthfury if I start killing it ends up with a group war going. And then no questing gets done. On Herod I traded kills with a rogue for a bit and then we just ignored each other. I get my kill and move on…that’ll change with Phase 2 as most will be pushing for ranks. At most I want the saber mount and some gear.

But yeah, if I let the killing get to me I waste my time and with 50+ hour work weeks I have little time to waste. PvP is a side game for me as I’ve always been a raider, but I do enjoy the sense of danger on PvP servers.

1 Like