World of Warcraft the Movie

I liked it but wish it had more race diversity
Show me some gnome actors …

There’s so much jumping around between characters! If you don’t play wow and have read up on WoW lore and timeline you are totally not gonna enjoy this movie. You wont even be able to follow it in fact even for someone who has a good grasp of the lore it was pretty hard to follow. They should have made a movie with a singleness of purpose like the unfolding of ranger general sylvie or how Arthas became lk. Or the invasion of Gilneas or something that has a story that unfolds that people can actually follow. I felt like I’m watching it and somewhere it says “Medivah cheats” and then everyone is confused for the next hour.
They coulda made a killer trilogy on ranger general. And then Arthas being lichking and killing sylvie and then her dying again and again. And then her becoming the banshee but stopping it there because her story went to absolute garbage after that. Totally ruined her character

I especially liked the part where the orc got mad and wanted to smash things and the guy fought him

I did not have a good grasp of Warcraft 1 lore and I followed it fine.

I saw it in theaters, and it felt like meh.

i liked it. but it felt like they tried to cramp too much of that specific story in such a short movie runtime. it felt rushed. too many loose ends for anyone new to the story.

they should of never started with this specific story either. while a good story for us veteran wow fans and players. not a good starting point for trying to bring in new audiences.

oh and bad casting. my wife brought it up many times but only after watching the movie on my 2nd and 3rd time i have to agree. especially Khadgar. it was as if they just drove down the street of whatever city and starting randomly grabbing people to play parts.

but overall it was good considering all the flaws. they should of started with the arthas story and then the possibilities were endless for trilogies. have it lead up to arthas and illidan fight. and then run it back like the hobbit and have it lead into the illidan story.

sad cause i want more. but have it done right.