World of Warcraft News and Development Updates

When is this 9.1.5 suppose to come? 2 months , 1 year ?

5 Likes

What is worse is all of this sudden need for inclusivity has only arisen from being called out for being a crappy company otherwise it would of been stagnant for another 17 years [lol]

2 Likes

This is sadly true, and I hate that. Part of why I’ve been enjoying queer content made by queer creators, personally.

Maybe this is a sign of real change, but so long as Bobby is at the helm it’s unlikely. Everything is a PR stunt to try and save face.

1 Like

I have my own stance on ‘queer content’ etc and inclusivity but what I’ll recognize is these companies never do it for a genuine reason of caring. Other wise they’d even do it yeaaaaars ago on a bigger scale.

Boils down to;

2 Likes

Read the article fast, before it becomes fruit.

1 Like

Give worgens more options! As it stands, after 8.1.5, Worgens will have the least possible options when it comes to customization options.

Giving them a tail would be a good start since worgens have zero new unique options to pick from.

Here’s a mega thread for Worgens you can choose ideas from. :slight_smile:

#GiveWorgenTails

1 Like

Still want to know how the Big Love Rocket “punches down”.

3 Likes

You have to be careful because one persons “main problems” isn’t someone else’s “main problems”

1 Like

We’re also planning to make the incubus a glyphable option for Warlocks when they summon that classification of demon.

This I like!

We also want players to be able to express themselves through their characters, so we don’t intend to change existing player looks or cosmetics. Instead, we want to ensure that we’re offering a wide range of options for players to represent themselves.

I guess people wearing saltstone leggings can breathe a sigh of relief. :grin:

This work is ongoing alongside our development of new content and features.

Now is the time to allow us to hide leg armour, be brave Blizzard!

0 compromises about literally removing the awful systems in shadowlands.

I think I’m just going to ask the CS to basically remove my time, I havent log for real in about 7 months and 3 weeks except the week that SoD opened that I did raid.

I don’t care about “e-sports” and never will. The first mistake of this game was tapping into that obnoxious market.

I hope dev’s are already working what’s beyond 10.0 because you will need a miracle to save the ship crack and the wound from opening further. So far there’s absolute nothing that ties me to this game anymore… not even classic wotlk.

1 Like

Have they ever done this? Legit question, I can’t recall them ever removing a “system”, they just make the systems easier to deal with but never remove.

They did change back in 8.2 azerite armor into another garbage circus aka essences. It was worse that was more than ever this game went to… it clearly menas they CAN do it but they are not willing to.

With the opening of classic expansions I don’t understand why they are not using the lessons of why keeping it simple sometimes just work best.

What an obsolete view. Perhaps you should consider the fact that removing women for fruit sends a message that bodies are something to be ashamed of rather than celebrated. Now, if the problem is that a game made mostly by men focuses too much on the female form, a better fix would be to vary pictures so that they show a scantily clad man. The lens by which you are evaluating this is troublesome at best and detrimental to women’s ownership of their bodies at worst. Do better.

1 Like

The guy who is making people do these changes is probably making bank working from home. Sends an email once a week “hey remove this” and gets paid his full salary . Props to him for exploiting the company

1 Like

You seemed to have missed the train…17 years ago. The “classic experience” cannot and will not be replicated. The experience was bad internet(dial up, rarely broadband), limited knowledge with a website that didn’t have everything, players who had 0 knowledge of the game, etc. When you have full knowledge of the game and just press the “reset” button - it’s never the same.

2 Likes

Honestly, I love the direction WoW is going. I’ve been playing for years, across several accounts. I am invested deeply into this game. Blizzard seems to be radically changing things for the better. I look forward to more updates!

I’m loving this [World of Warcraft News and Development Updates]! Thanks!

Yeah, this is so true. I am sure classic is a joke now with weak auras.

Ok, maybe you do better. I was not about to go swinging my bona fides about, but since you asked - I AM the demographic you are trying, badly, to “splain” to, and I endured more that you ever will - since I had to endure decades of being marginalized for my gender. So yeah - go ahead and tell me what you think you know about discrimination against women. Try having a senior sales rep adjust your bra strap while you’re trying to answer 5 calls simultaneously and you can’t make a scene because he’s got tenure and surpasses his sales quota each quarter and the only job available to you is receptionist and you can’t make a scene in the most visible spot in the building.

And I am saying a digital bowl of fruit is not a hill to die on. Period. Objectifying men to “make up” for objectifying women is an absurd argument. No one should be objectified. And no, “turning a woman into a bowl of fruit” is not objectification. Because Blizzard is not turning anyone into anything. If the bowl of fruit were woman-shaped, I’d say you had a point. Now, you can argue this is censorship. I’ll give you that. But swapping a “problematic” painting with something completely innocuous is common practice.

The bottom line is - if Blizzard wanted to replace every art asset with a bowl of fruit, that is their right. We don’t get to “splain” to Blizzard what they want to do with the visuals in their games. If they decided to put everyone in turtle necks - that’s their choice. If they want skimpy-ware for both physiological genders - again, their choice. If they decide THIS particular painting of a skimpily clad “harem” woman with a bowl of fruit, that is their choice.